May 02, 2024, 01:29:47 AM

Author Topic: Align servos etc.  (Read 970 times)

Offline troasb

Align servos etc.
« on: September 18, 2015, 05:32:12 AM »
Hi
Since my Real Flight simulator got me into helicopters in 2009-10 that has been a very costly but rewarding experience. And as I had been playing around with glow engines since 1975 I found it to be natural to go for a nitro bird in my start to helicopters. So I got an Align Trex 600Nitro Blue editon in 2010. This was as it is today a combo (with different engines and servos), with Align 50 engine, servos, voltage regulator and inboard glow adapter. I had no trouble with the Align engine as I was used to glow engines from before. Only the regular crashes was annoying, but it was my own fault everytime. I crashed this bird over and over again, destroying different parts. But the Align 610 and eqvivent tail servo servos took it all, no servo failure or even a servo gear stripped. O.K. these servos were power hungry and not the most presice, but they took the abusement. I still have buddies flying these servos in 700 birds with great results. Well, after 5 years I did not manage to destroy any of these servos but managing to to a lot of ofther destruction. With all of my Align helicopters laying down, I bought a slighlty used Synergy E5. The quality of machining and ease of maintainace got me coupled to Synergy helicopers. My E5 was fitted with the Align 615/655 servos(witch is the replacement of the Align 610 etc.) and they have served me well in about 250 flights. I strongly belive that the 610 etc. servos where made by Savox and so their succesor 615 etc. These are very good servos standing up to quite a bit of punishment. When I went to the Synergy N7 I wanted to also step up in the servo department. My electronics expert and experienced 3D pilot advised me to go for the new Align 815/855's as he felt these were a very good match between cost and performance. For sure these servos have impressive specifications, totally outperforming any Futaba servos specs. I wondered who that was producing these servos for Align, sure it could not be Savox who had nothing near these specs. Only one looking near was OMG. Well I went for his adwise and these servos have served me well for about 100 flights on my N7, actually the first bird I have been able to justicable tic-tocks. (I am not a good helicopter pilot, I do much better with airplanes!) I kind of felt that the cyclic force were on an other level than I had experieced before. And they have not caused me any trouble. Then I read at Helifreak.com that there were a lot of problems with these servos in the inital run, and you should have servos with a registering number to be sure. Well, my servos does not have this, but as I understand, the faulty ones fries up in the installasion process. So I am going to continue to use these servos on my N7. On my E7se project, I have gone all out and saved up to Futaba BLS275SV and BLS276SV, although many other servos totally outperforme these by specs.