April 29, 2024, 11:57:14 PM

Author Topic: New N5C and servo question  (Read 1457 times)

Offline SgtRoachUSMC2

New N5C and servo question
« on: September 25, 2015, 06:17:20 PM »
Hey guys, I picked up a N5CTT a few weeks ago and have been gathering the necessary components to put it together. I pretty much have it all now, here’s what I went with:

Futaba 14SG/ R7008SB
Futaba CGY750/ BLS276SV Tail/ BPS-1 RPM
Futaba BLS272SV Cyclic
SafeSwitch 2 Plus/ SwitchGlo Pro
Glacier 2600 mAh 2S Lipo
I’m going to be recycling my OS 50SX-H for now.

The first question I have is about the throttle servo. I wanted to avoid any regulators and I’m a Futaba guy, so I picked up a S9670SV. I knew it was a “car” servo, but didn’t think it mattered much until I saw the instructions said that it will not work with an air receiver. I don’t know if that means it literally won’t work or the specs are very different and it won’t last long or will be unreliable. Since I don’t know much about pulse widths or frequencies, can anyone enlighten me? Will it by ok to use this or do I need to pick something else? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Jon

Offline garettoku

• Field Representative
Re: New N5C and servo question
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 07:42:29 PM »
The servo should work fine.  It will have a shorter wire and the case will be smaller than your BLS272 servos. 

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Offline SgtRoachUSMC2

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 09:25:09 PM »
Thanks, garettoku. I guess I will give it a try. I started putting the heli together last night, I'm excited to get it in the air. This will be my first FBL heli (I'm coming from an old Century Raven 50), and I heard that there may be a factory Synergy pilot in my area. Anyone know of a Synergy guy who flies in Southern Maryland? 

Offline Mark Dean

• Field Representative
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 03:57:53 PM »
Jon,
Myself and Charles Rosario both fly for Synergy and are located in the DC metro area. . I am located near Clinton and can give you a hand with just about anything you want help with on your rig.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Team Synergy Field Representative, Rail Blades, Scorpion Power Systems

Offline SgtRoachUSMC2

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 10:38:25 PM »
Thanks Mark! I really appreciate the offer. Perhaps when I'm done building I'll head up your way. I'm still relatively new and I would like someone to look it over before I try and put in the air just in case I missed something in the set up. Thanks again!

Offline SgtRoachUSMC2

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 04:39:10 AM »
I'm pretty much done with the physical build now, but I noticed that there is about a 2mm gap between the main blades (Rail606) and the blade grips. It doesn't seem right to clamp down on them so much. Am I missing some spacers somewhere or am I supposed to tighten them and essentially bend the main grips to close the gap?

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 05:16:03 AM »
The blades should come with spacers, don't bend your grips! I've got extras if you need some. A number of us will be at a funfly in Fredericksburg, VA this weekend if you want to bring it there!

Offline SgtRoachUSMC2

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 06:03:41 AM »
Haha, yup! Taped at the top of the package I found the spacers. Thanks for the quick reply! I wish I could head out that way this weekend, unfortunetly I've been working a lot of forced overtime lately and this weekend continues the pattern. Thanks for the offer and the information.