Synergy Nitro Helicopters > Synergy N5 / N5c

elevator servo binding due to link balls on the inside

(1/3) > >>

belcom:
I noticed when at full pitch positive or negative when I do...
1. At full positive pitch with full back elevator (cyclic all the way at the bottom)
2. At full negative pitch with full forward elevator (cyclic all the way up)

The elevator servo wheel turns so far that the links attached to the servo wheel on the inside (as per manual) start to bind  against the servo case.  I am using JR 8717s and small JR plastic wheels with holes exactly at 10mm. If I reduce the travel in the Beastx I don't get the blue light and swashpate won't move as far as I want it.

What's up with that?  Anyone else experiencing this?

Tommy Wagner:
Can you post a picture? 

Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darren Lee:
Pretty sure that's normal.  The solution is not to input full collective and cyclic at the same time.

RyanW:
I will have to look at my installation again, but I found that you can't use the stock hardware with JR 8717s without the screw heads hitting the case. I tried four different types and brands of JR servo arms, but it didn't make a difference. You have to use a VERY shallow head screw on the carbon wheels for it to clear.

I even tried installing the screw with the nut toward the servo case, then used a Dremel cut off wheel to shave it down and it still hit the case.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Branden Wheaton:
I had some JR 8717 on my E7 I used the Futaba servo wheels. I used a washer and the locking screw and was able to push them on with no problem. Since then I had changed them out but they worked fine with no binding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version