April 29, 2024, 02:42:02 PM

Author Topic: E5  (Read 5036 times)

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Re: E5
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 12:14:21 PM »
As far as Futaba S9352HV or S9353HV (exact same as the 52 but w/ aluminum case) are probably the way to go. You pay a huge premium for an aluminum case from Futaba :( That's the only thing that annoys me. They're really awesome servos though.

Offline Robert "Full" Montee

• Facebook
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 07:18:27 PM »
•   Futaba BLS272SV (Cyclic)
•   Futaba BLS276SV (Rudder)

These are the servos I run on my Synergy helis and other 700 class helis in the past.
Robert "Full" Montee
Team Synergy / Team Futaba
https://robertstechlib.blogspot.com

Offline Grees01

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 10:02:22 PM »
Thanks Danny and Rob for the replies. Danny looking at the S9352HV that is a cyclic servo recommendation correct? Seems like it given the specs?  If so then what is the matching Futaba tail servo recommendation?
Glen A. Rees

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 07:28:02 PM »
Yes those would be for cyclic. The BLS276SV that Montee mentioned would be my choice for the tail.

Offline Grees01

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 09:31:43 PM »
That's pretty expensive for 4 servos 650.00 plus tax and shipping, too bad Futaba doesn't offer some type of package deal on a set. OK, I'm still thinking about it. Thanks for the info guys.
Glen A. Rees

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 12:29:27 PM »
Certainly nothing cheap about Futaba, but they're top quality. If you buy through Tower Hobbies they have some good coupon codes (see attached)

Offline garettoku

• Field Representative
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2015, 11:45:42 PM »
I use the BLS272 cyclic and BLS274 tail servo.  Have them on my E7SE and N7. 

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 03:17:11 PM »
As far as Futaba S9352HV or S9353HV (exact same as the 52 but w/ aluminum case) are probably the way to go. You pay a huge premium for an aluminum case from Futaba :( That's the only thing that annoys me. They're really awesome servos though.
I just noticed that these servos are categorized as car/truck servos... not sure what that means from a programming standpoint. The specs look great, but I'd probably go with the BLS272 or BLS275 to be safe. They're proud of those 275s. $$$

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2015, 04:08:39 PM »
I have used a set of car/truck OMG servos before. they worked flawlessly with the vbar. but I cannot speak for those futaba ones, but I do bet they would be ok.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline gwright

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2015, 12:58:02 PM »
primary difference is deadband. Ever notice in years past, futaba had servos as "92" and "91" with the "92" versions being classified for helis,..i.e. 9155/9255. The difference was deadband. Same with the car servos.  I'm actually using servos that are called "car" servos now,..but far less expensive than most would think are OK.  both my E5S (600 on 6S) and E5SS (715 on 12s) are using Futaba 3470SV's on the swash, using 8V output from BEC. Torque and speed are fine, they're sbus2 so if I actually wanted to change deadband or anything else they're capable, and at $45 ea from tower, I could just keep spares around if I wanted to. They're 3/4 ounce lighter than common "heli" servos also.  If more torque was needed (which it isn't), the 9470 could be another choice, but they're $100 ea.   I do work at Hobbico, the Futaba importer, but I pay for equipment also, it's not free,.. and I think these are the best value.  Matt flew my machines at triple tree in september and loved the setups.   

Support guys tell me that deadband is the primary difference. On planes you must have much wider deadband or the surfaces will sit on the ground and flutter. Helis and cars need far less. Unfortunately there isn't a super inexpensive superfast servo in the lineup, so standard heli tail servo must be used for the tail to work well.

Usual caveats apply,.. Futaba doesn't call these "heli" servos, and you use them on a heli at your own risk,.. but my experience is positive.
Gary Wright

Offline Grees01

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 11:44:57 PM »
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Sorry I haven't been active on the forum for most of the last week. Been busy at work, and busy working on the Synergy at home after work. I went with the BK servos on a Black Friday special. Paid about a 110.00 each. The Synergy is back together and close to done, still waiting for Alan Butler to get some canopies on stock, and waiting for a shipment to come in from Ralph at FBL Rotors, that particular shipment for whatever reason is taking a long time to arrive. I bought the titanium link set, the ball link pliers, and the swash plate tool. I will finish up the setup when those arrive. Hope all is well with everyone.  :D
Glen A. Rees