April 29, 2024, 12:46:58 PM

Author Topic: Ikon Governor issues  (Read 4467 times)

Offline Mike Dipalo

• Field Representative
Re: Ikon Governor issues
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 02:10:00 PM »
Grees, did you ever get this straightened out?

I'm finally out of EE classes for the winter and have WAY more free time now lol.
"You need more rockets. Everything is better with rawkets"
Commodore8888
Rockville, MD

Offline Grees01

Re: Ikon Governor issues
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 08:50:34 PM »
Hey Mike, Sadly the answer so far is no. Tried a hand full of different things and can not pin down the problem to one component. And haven't been able to get it to duplicate the concern again on the bench either. I did replace the rpm sensor, but the behavior is the same as before. I learned that I can get the green light to come on by bogging down the rpm, like holding on to the tail and putting in a significant amount of rudder so that the rpm on the motor drops, then the light will come on. Works differently on the goblin, the light comes on either by itself or with very little change to head speed like changing from normal mode to IU1 will trigger the light to come on. Also I get different behavior out of both machines when running and momentarily flicking into hold and then back out: On the Goblin the motor will immediately regain rpm, with a bit of a overshoot and then back down to the set rpm, but with the Synergy flicking into hold mode and quickly back out just kills the motor and I go to a complete start from 0 rpm spool up. I need to double check the settings in the Ikon for the goblin but am pretty sure that bailout is not enabled on either machine. Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of spare known good parts that I can swap in and out to try and isolate the problem. So..... I talked to Helidirect and they can ship me a replacement Ikon but asked me to try a few things first. So far nothing that I have tried has led me to a conclusion.   :-\
Glen A. Rees