May 01, 2024, 11:09:31 AM

Author Topic: E5 and cgy 750  (Read 2111 times)

Offline anthony

E5 and cgy 750
« on: November 18, 2015, 07:47:45 AM »
I have a few flights under my belt now and the tuning is going well, I have one issue that I'm not sure how to tune , when I jab the elevator the heli tilts left and then bounces back to straight, its not additional inputs by me and is quite noticeable, if I increase or decrease the overall gain from the default 100% it gets worse its either something that I have done wrong in the setup or it feels like a phasing issue, but I am not very experienced at tuning and I could be completely wrong on both counts, any help or suggestions are gratefully accepted , other than that everything else fells great , it goes up straight and tiktoks well(with corrections)
thank you
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
Re: E5 and cgy 750
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 01:23:51 PM »
Anthony, are you dead sure your not giving a hair of left when you jab the stick back, It used to happen to me and I swore it was not me. Do what I did. Tighten spring on transmitter stick leave elevator easy left and right tighter. Cured my problem, hope this helps
Cliff

Offline anthony

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 04:51:52 AM »
never 100% sure , I will give it a go and see what happens
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline garettoku

• Field Representative
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 10:12:21 AM »
This is a common issue with thumbers.  The opposite happens when pulling back.  Pinchers feel the inputs drift.   If you are comfortable,   put your thumb under/behind the stick,   finger in front of the stick.   Loosely,   using one digit at a time,  push forward/pull back.   I'm assuming you have matched  servos.

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 04:14:09 PM »
im a thumber myself. it just takes a little time and practice to get the flips right without interaction. Bert is a thumber, Tareq is a thumber, it can be done perfectly with practice.  ;)
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 05:04:29 PM »
I'm a thumber... It's like right handed vs left handed... Regular footed vs goody footed.. I think it's all relative to ones "natural" feeling. No right or wrong.. Pros or cons.. Just do it ur way! Lol
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 09:01:43 PM »
sometime flying  planks I thumb, pinch all the time with helis
Cliff

Offline garettoku

• Field Representative
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 09:26:18 PM »
I have nothing against thumbs.  In fact I love my thumbs!  I definitely couldn't fly with only fingers!!!  Just didn't want to discount the possibility of input drifting.   ;)

Offline anthony

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 05:02:35 AM »
i'm not a thumber I pinch
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline anthony

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 07:56:31 AM »
sorry for the short reply , my wife kicked me off the computer and that's all I could write, so , I pinch , I have tried thumbs but feel like I don't have full control , as suggested I really concentrated on the elevator input and I am definitely not cross controlling, dr ben on rr suggested reducing the cnt gain down  around 5% which I did this morning and while the bouncing stopped the ail input is still there but  smaller , I tried it slower and I can still see it but smaller with quicker jabs its more pronounced , I also tried some slow tik toks (mini rainbows really) and on the direction change I can see a shimmy I guess its there in faster tik toks but not as noticeable, apart from that its the only problem( too strong a word) I'm having and I can quite happily fly if I can't fix it.
but for my own education I would like to try
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 10:15:55 AM »
I hope one of the other guys can chime in ,I know nothing about cgy 750, Ikon here , good luck Anthony
Cliff

Offline garettoku

• Field Representative
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2015, 11:40:37 AM »
In the ail/ele Expert mode (Ail.Gyro Expert), there is "flip compensation.  This mixes a set% of elev to ail.  You will need to set both directions U/D by holding the stick input then clicking the CGY to increase the %.   

I've never used this.  Have you reset the CGY recently?  The stock settings are very good.   Try Ben's recommendations.  He's the man!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 11:42:36 AM by garettoku »