September 29, 2024, 04:29:07 AM

Author Topic: Nice item to help secure batteries  (Read 1853 times)

Offline whytlotus

Nice item to help secure batteries
« on: December 01, 2011, 06:32:38 PM »
Hi guys... I made a post on HF about these and thought I'd share it here to. I got these non-slip strips today. They're called Geckostrips  http://geckostrips.com/shop#ecwid:category=411410&mode=product&product=1457625

I was looking for an alternative to the old reliable velcro for the battery tray. The pic says it all. This stuff has incredible grip. It has a sticky back and will need to cutout the larger holes in the tray otherwise it will get coated with grass and other crud. I think it should facilitate getting pack/packs in & out by having a way to press the batts up. Especially the back pack if you're using 2 loose lipos. I'll use non slip straps.. No more velcro layers of velcro for me. It fits perfectly in between the button head screws and is just a tad wider than the large cutouts. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 07:33:44 PM by whytlotus »

Offline whytlotus

Re: Nice item to help secure batteries
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 07:42:11 PM »
Just a quick caveat. I just mounted one strip using the cutouts to fillin the front of the tray. The button head screws do raise the battery up enough where a regular strap without non slip surface might not be a good option.  I'm going to see if I can make a double thickness using the second strip, but not sure the sticky back side will stick to the top of this one.  I can secure my batts to my satisfaction, but this probably won't be good for everyone, especially if your packs are wide enough to sit on the button head screws..  A thicker strip would probably be better in some circumstances.  I'll report back. I might've spoken prematurely on these particular strips. My apologies.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 07:44:23 PM by whytlotus »

Offline whytlotus

Re: Nice item to help secure batteries
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 09:40:47 PM »
I was able to get a second strip to stick on top of the first, but if you catch the edge right, it will start to peel back. One thickness works good if your packs will fit in between the button heads screws. If not, I wouldn't recommend it. I found some thicker stuff, but need to contact the vendor to answer some questions on it. This is the right material, just not the ideal product.