April 28, 2024, 05:43:19 PM

Author Topic: Oh yeah Synergy  (Read 6240 times)

Offline Damper

Re: Oh yeah Synergy
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2018, 11:32:07 AM »
The weather has not really been cooperating  :'( . Did get the airfield last Tuesday  briefly and got it in hover and everything seems good after the technical difficulties. But the rain came in and was unable to tune the engine. Need some rain relief ::).
It is all about ground clearance

Offline Damper

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2018, 10:01:14 PM »
Last Saturday had a change to fly couple tanks . Still tuning the engine. It just
seems I cannot get to the field long enough to do any good really. This weekend
likely chance of rain again :'(.  No worries . I got alternate plan. Bought another
synergy. The synergy nc belt version.

Couldn’t help myself. Got a good deal for the airframe and bought a new OS 55 HZ
Did not want the regulator on this one. , few servos, another battery and
receiver be ready to go . Should be here late next week . ;D

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2018, 10:09:15 AM »
LOL!  Synergy helicopter fleets tend to grow pretty rapidly for most people after they get their first one.  :D
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2018, 07:34:48 AM »
Rodney.. ain’t that the truth!
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

Offline Damper

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2018, 07:55:37 PM »
Ok had a few minutes ...

Had some unfortunate incidents with my OS 55 hzR engine. Basically blew hole though the piston while tuning it.

Two errors  1 was turning the mid instead of the high needle and second I had a small leak on the fuel line on

the nipple of the fuel tank :-[. The dilemma I was in;  should  I pull the parts out the new OS 55 hz engine I

bought for the Synergy N5c belt version or order parts. I began looking for parts on line... as luck would

have it ,no store had all the parts piston, piston pin , clips , liner and piston ring. so I waited a few days

thinking about it so I order a few parts from ebay what they had on  amazon. The piston ring was the worst to

find. No big deal 2 to 3 weeks was not all that of a wait. I didn't feel the need to break down a new engine just

for parts, :-\  new parts on the way from 4 different locations.  Couple days past and I just remembered the

Only Fine Helis. They had everything I needed. I still do not have all the parts for yet from the other online

Stores.  So I was anxious for the weekend I would have a few hours on Saturday to play so I did tear down the

engine and replaced the parts.

I did not get to learn or sat down to learn when I first started this hobby to actually engine tune, radio set up effectively it was really plug and play. So this time I am taking the time to, found   last weekend that
playing with the pitch curve helps a lot on the stability of the heli . I was noticing on normal flight mode I subtracted a point on the pitch from 25% to 35% to 45 to 50%. I removed the 45% and  became more stable.
Well there the light bulb came on.

I did get to  burn 3 full tanks and on the third  idle up a tank but I am hearing changes of the engines. I am still
not quite sure what it is  telling me and the idle is seems a little off. But I know no air leaks and thick smoke.

I want say Thanks to Only Fine Helis for having everything in stock. They was at Birmingham last weekend.

Although this mishap I got  to install the new parts in the new engine. Running behind schedule for the

for the belt driven version to be  coming on line and of course the new N556 is delayed a few months.

Happy flying my fellow pilots.

Offline Damper

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2018, 09:58:33 PM »
ALright ALright Alright 8)

Finally got the airfield since I had the day off. Got the engine dialed.  Sweet. Running great.

That warm and fuzzy feeling felt good. Burned five tanks till my receiver battery is on 10% of course this a 3000mah LiFe battery, running all BK servos.

I also got the old Titan SE with an redline 53 and a bearing overhaul in the air for couple times still faithful as ever.

By the way is anyone have some old redline 53 engines for sale?

Happy Flying Days are back.

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2018, 04:11:09 AM »
Sweet!
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!