April 29, 2024, 12:29:55 AM

Author Topic: Main gear 181T  (Read 1710 times)

Offline cjponthier

Main gear 181T
« on: July 20, 2020, 07:58:27 PM »
Any idea where I could buy a main gear (181T) for the 516?  I've looked everywhere and so many parts including this one is out of stock.  It's the only thing I need for my repair.     Also, any idea when Matt will have normal levels of parts after transitioning to the US?    I really love my 516 but I frustrated with the unknown as to when parts will be in stock.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Offline cjponthier

Re: Main gear 181T
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 06:27:54 PM »
Looks like a lot of people have seen the post but with no answers.  Do we know for sure that there will actually be replacement parts made?  Any idea when?    I asked Matt on his messenger, but not sure he uses the account anymore.

It would be good just get an idea of whether we should wait 2 weeks or if we are a year out before we have replacement parts.  Until then my 516 is out of commission with no guess of getting back in the air.

If anyone knows Matt personally, I would appreciate you asking when we should expect parts instead of guessing.  I love my 516, but now I'm second guessing my purchase due to lack of parts.

Offline OrbitalGolem

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 07:40:34 AM »
I'm waiting on a main gear too.

Offline steffgiguere

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 07:50:31 AM »
I have one at home, but not sure I want to sell it.
Team Synergy, Canada

Offline cjponthier

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 10:47:37 AM »
Well if you do decide to sell it, please let me know.  I'd be happy to buy it at a good price.   I can be reached at cponthier@gmail.com.    Thanks in advance, Clark

Offline helipilotk3

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 07:29:00 PM »
I have decided  to buy a cheap 550 heli in the mean time until Synergy parts are once again available. At least I  will  be able to keep working on improving my flying.  Helilids  is currently closing out  their kits 20 % off . Get one while they last.
My 516  stretched to 556  was flying so well. A Landing strut  failure on the  ground on spool up caused the wipe out of the main gear, a set of Rail Blades and tail blades.
Sad thing thing is : I did not even get to bash it into the ground due to MY dumb thumbs.  Would not feel so bad if I had done that,  I now have a $1200 heli  without parts support.  Maybe;  this is why the heli hobby is seems to be faultering.
You keep investing in what you know is good equipment and the next thing there's no parts support.
I have two (2)  TT 50 nitros (Raptor & 50X)  to fly until  they meet  their demise via  a crash or lack of parts. That will be fun!