April 30, 2024, 11:41:30 PM

Author Topic: Tail Help  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Tail Help
« on: May 12, 2012, 09:56:29 PM »
Hey everyone, I have a possible concern but definitely a question.

I am running a BeastX with latest firmware and a BLS251 tail servo.

It seems that I am not getting full throw in both directions on the tail. I double checked in rate mode for set up and everything is at 90 degrees. I can't move the control rod up or down any notches or it will hit either the carb needles on the engine or the fan shroud.

When flying it feels like I have enough both ways, I don't notice any deterioration in piros either way but bench testing it is obvious that the slider doesn't go equally as far in both directions. I even went back in to the BeastX and double set my limits and it just seems like the servo isn't throwing it enough. Double checked my transmitter as well and it's at 100/100.

Does this sound normal or do you have a suggestion?

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

Offline Hendo67

Re: Tail Help
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 10:32:32 PM »
Bran,
Mine is set up pretty much the same. I read somewhere (maybe tricks and tips?) that you should not use the full range of the tail slider anyway. If you do- it can result in the tail blades stalling. Mine is set to go full throw to counteract torque, but about 3mm shy on the other side of the slider.
I had flipped the ball on the "bell crank" because I run the OS 55, but ended up putting it back. Mine barely clears the needles and shroud, but I have a smidgen more room this way.
Just a reminder- Since your running a beast your travel settings in your trans only relate to rotational rate of the gyro and not the actual travel of the servo. Changing this will only speed up or slow down your pyros.

My tail has no issues whatsoever with the travel limits set as they are.
Synergy E7 :  Synergy N5c :  Synergy E5  :  T700  :  B130X

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Tail Help
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 11:07:34 PM »
Alright thanks. I wondered if it was just the Beast maybe being weird on the bench, kind of like the cyclic servos not going back right away.

I read that part about not wanting to use full throw on the tail so I definitely want to follow that, I was just slightly concerned not having equal throw on both sides so I wanted to hear others encounters or ideas.

Thanks again for the reply!

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon