May 11, 2024, 08:10:07 AM

Author Topic: Wiring diagram/pictures  (Read 22665 times)

Offline copenhagen

Re: Wiring diagram/pictures
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2013, 07:19:02 AM »
Oh, and one more question:  I used the Castle 6.5mm bullet connectors for my motor/esc connection per the advice of people on this forum.  Now I put heat shrink around them, but they are wide.  I grasped the bundle after the motor and esc were connected and wrapped it tightly with a self-fusing cold shrink tape (you can see some in the pic above).  I wanted to know if I should remove this tape and put nylon braid around the connectors in addition to the heat shrink.  I got to worrying that there would be enough vibes inside of the tape bundle to wear through the heat shrink.   Am I being paranoid?

flyalan

« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »

Yup :D Sounds like your motor connections will be fine.
On the EC5 pic... Looks okay to me.  I should have said to not shrink down the heat shrink until the bullet is installed into the connector.  This makes it easier to get the heat shrink slid down with no gaps.  But yours should be fine.

Cheers
Alan
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 09:00:01 AM by flyalan »

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2013, 10:13:39 AM »
Thanks Alan, and yes, what you just said to do is actually what I did because I did not want to try to push in the connector and mar the shrink, but somehow I did not hold the shrink down to the connector enough or it shrank more than I anticipated or a combination.  Glad it will be ok though.  I just don't want to have a wreck because of some stupid little mistake like that.   

flyalan

« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2013, 03:12:52 PM »
Yes.  You have to allow for a little shrinkage lengthwise also.  You should be fine.

Keep us posted on the maiden!

Cheers
Alan

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2013, 07:06:47 PM »
Well do.  My OCD caught up with me and I just got done putting new shrink on it..LOL.

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2013, 08:19:08 AM »
Wiring finished:

I suppose I could fly the heli now but I'm going to level the swash at top and bottom collective too before the maiden. I just learned about this from mjburberry last night.