Synergy Nitro Helicopters > Synergy N5 / N5c

elevator servo binding due to link balls on the inside

<< < (3/3)

Kevin Feil:
I heated mine with a hairdryer "not hot just warm" then it relieved it as I drew it in with the Screw and Washer Trick, No stress Cracks when using mild heat. It works just Fine. I have done this before and Never had any issues.. If one doesn't feel comfortable doing this then there are other alternatives of course, I just didn't like the White Small JR wheels with the Carbon Servo Horns.

Kevin

RyanW:
Kevin- I agree with you on the small JR wheels. They don't have much material around the spline and they have failed on other helicopters in the past. The best to use with the JR servos are the four star out of this package and just trim the arms down. As you can see, they are reinforced with a metal sleeve and almost take a gear puller to get off. - http://www.readyheli.com/JRPSH8711HV-JR-Super-HD-Servo-Arms--Standard-JR-Spline_p_38235.html

My disagreement about using the Futaba arm on JR servos comes from the r/c car guys who would shoe horn what ever servo arm was in their parts box to the servo they had in the car and nine times out of ten the arm would break around the spline. Futaba has 25 tooth spline and JR has 23. Again, I am glad that it is working well for you, but it is an area that I wouldn't chance it.

Kevin Feil:
well I for one an Not above Trying something different, I like the looks of that servo arm and Will be ordering some. I Will be redoing mine. Thanks for the Heads up on those  Ryan.

Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version