June 17, 2024, 04:50:42 AM

Author Topic: online manual  (Read 3608 times)

Offline rchaas

online manual
« on: January 30, 2012, 01:56:42 PM »
Is an online manual available?  looked around, couldn't find one.

Offline Branden Wheaton

• Field Representative
Re: online manual
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 02:57:50 PM »
Not yet for the E6/7
Team Synergy

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 09:49:36 PM »
Sorry, unfortunately still editing for completeness.

Matt

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 09:36:24 PM »
This almost sounds like the manuals shipping with the kits must be so bad, that they cannot be published online for all to see.

Please, just publish whatever manual you felt comfortable shipping with the kits.

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 07:40:09 PM »
The E6/7 manual been reviewed many times.... Check out the Smacktalk TV review that Bobby Watts did for the E6/7 as he covers some of he manual.

Unfortunately many competing manufacturers use online manuals to copy design ideas. I will eventually post an online manual in the future.

Thanks,

Matt

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 12:33:32 PM »
I would think than an unscrupulous manufacturer determined to copy design ideas from a manual would be able to acquire the manual even if not posted online

I am in the market for a 700/800 size helicopter.  I don't know the helicopter pilots in my area well, but Aligns seem to be the most common helicopters at the local field.  The few LHS in my area only carry Aligns and Blades.  I am not interested in another Align.  I am doing my homework by reading helicopter reviews from reputable magazines, opinions in Helifreak, and helicopter manuals.

I have not yet seen an objective magazine article review of the Synergy E6/7.  Except for the tail belt issues and the fact that new kits currently do not come stock with a TT, as the TT only recently became available as an after kit sale option, I have not read about any other major negative issues.  It seems the Synergy E6/7 pilots are very happy overall with their purchase.

Needless to say, I am very intrigued by the Synergy E6/7, and want to give it a fair consideration.  However, I have never held a Synergy E6/7 in my hands, and I have only seen pictures and videos of it.  It is very difficult for me to make a fair comparison between the Synergy E6/7 against the Whiplash, Rave Ballistic, Goblin 700, and Henseleit TDR, as all these other helicopter are also loved by their respective owners (similar to Synergy owners), but they all have readily available manuals online.

Please, can someone facilitate a copy of the Synergy E6/7 manual for me me to review?  Email:  johnhamel5@gmail.com

Thank you in advance,

John Hamel

Offline colcha

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 04:52:58 PM »
Unfortunately many competing manufacturers use online manuals to copy design ideas. I will eventually post an online manual in the future.

If a competitor wanted to copy Synergy's design ideas, wouldn't they simply purchase an E7 kit and closely study both the parts *and* the printed manual?  :)

Offline Tommy Wagner

• Field Representative
online manual
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 05:05:38 PM »
I think what Matt is trying to say is that with a copy of the manual online the other manufactures can copy and paste from adobe to a cad software without any work involved. If you send me your address and will return the manual to me when your done I will send it to you. 

Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyalan

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 05:16:39 PM »
John,
I would be more than happy to lend you one of mine.  Will email you...
As far as the other Heli's in consideration.. Well I have owned T-Rex's, MSH, Miniature Aircraft and Synergy.  Been at this about two years.  Started with the Trex 500.  Tried a MiniProtos (too small).  Graduated to a Furion 6.  Bought a used N5 about 6 months ago off of a buddy I fly with so I could try Nitro.  He raved about Synergy support.  Well he was right!
Nothing wrong with Align.  The majority of our group flies Trex's. 

I have really enjoyed the Furion 6 and it is my baby so to speak.  Flies great and is low maintenance.  MA support is OK but no one I know flies MA and I have yet to meet an MA rep at a fun fly in our area.  Also when the whiplash came out MA stopped producing many Furion parts to keep up with Whiplash production.  Had a heck of a time locating a flybarless head a couple of months ago.  They apologized but said until they are caught up on whiplash parts they weren't producing much for the Furion.  Not sure what will happen with the whiplash if the move on to another project.

After acquiring the N5 I had several questions and an issue with the starter shaft.  Went to the Birmingham a couple of months back (has it been that long?).  Hooked up with one of the Synergy team pilots and received the help I needed.  The starter shaft problem was solved.  Simple fix.  The engine mount was missing some spacers that evidently the prior owner overlooked.
I purchased my E7 a few weeks ago.  I had some trouble getting it set up properly.  Not a Synergy issue but a Futaba CGY750 gyro setup problem.  But again I  hooked up with the Synergy guys at Hunstville and now everything is cool.  Have about 15 flights on it in the past week. 
As far as Heinselet goes I am not sure how you get this kind of support from across the ocean.  The Goblin is sweet but it's fairly new and I am not sure if Bert will make a house call. 
For me the availability of hands on support is very nice.  This forum is also a great resource.

Just my thoughts.  sorry if I got long winded.

cheers,
Alan

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 09:40:12 PM »
Thanks to all you who offered to email me the manual, and to those who offered to snail mail me physical manual.  At least now I know that if the company is not able to provide the needed support, the Synergy community will come through, and help me out.

After reading the manual, I can understand what all the fuzz is about.  If the quality of the parts are as good as the engineering design, this helicopter should sell at a higher price, even if it means not waiting for the kits to include the TT stock, but having to purchase the TT conversion kit separately.

The only improvements I would have liked to see are (1) thrust bearings on the main shaft bearings blocks like KDE does, (2) motor mount with 4 holes to allow 4 screws instead of just 2 screws to mount the motor, (3) turnbuckle type links for finer adjustments, (4) Tail control guides with screws, so no need to CA unto boom needed, (5) a sliding battery tray, (6) a 2 point tail slider mechanism, and (7) an incorporation of inner swash driver with the rotor head.

On the other hand, there is a lot of attention to detail with (1) the 4mm and 5mm blade bolt adapters to protect the blade grips, (2) a third main shaft bearing block with the lowest one under the main gear, (3) a main shaft collar design which allow for good testing for a potentially bent shaft and no need for main shaft shims, (4) helical main gear with well designed mechanism, (5) tail servo attached to frame, not to the boom, (6) direct servo to swash links, (7) specially designed servo arms that relieve stress off servos (just ingenious), (8) boom support clamp that does not use an unnecessary horizontal fin, (9) Tail pitch slider bushing that locks with ring, not needing messy Loctite, (10) anti-rotation bracket mechanism that uses radial bearings (never seen those before), (11) uses motor shaft support bearing block, (12) head uses head dampers, not O-rings, and (13) a manual easy to follow (although not easily available online).

Most of the shortcomings seem to either be readily rectifiable or easy to work around.  All five links are sold as turnbuckles at http://www.fblrotors.com/E6-E7-Titanium-Turnbuckle-Set-Cyclic-Pitch-Set-_p_45.html.  Main shaft bearing block thrust bearings are probably not necessary do to the overall mechanism.  Only 2 screws on the motor seems to work well with other helicopters.  A 2 point tail slider mechanism may just add complexity to the tail without significant benefit (but would look cool).  Lack of battery tray may mean more room for larger batteries.  So I guess the potential shortcomings are really a wash.

OK, so I guess I will be purchasing this kit along with the TT conversion kit, as soon as I figure out what electronics I'll be using.

Thanks everybody.

John

Offline Chuck Bole

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 09:52:22 PM »

On the battery tray, i had a Trex 700 E conversion a couple years ago that had a slide in tray. Thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread at the time.. After fighting the packs and tray in and out of the rear of the frames, i was ok with not having one. Also on larger packs, i'm running 2 7s 4400 and 3850 TP 65C packs for 14s in my E7. Plenty of room for the stick configuration to fit in and out. Haven't tried it yet but looks like you could fit 2 7s 5000 packs in there.

chuck
Team Synergy Field Representative / Thunder Power

Offline Tommy Wagner

• Field Representative
online manual
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 10:02:23 PM »
Glad to here you will be making your purchase you will not be sorry this is one of best flying helis I have flown

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tommy Wagner