September 28, 2024, 04:33:08 PM

Author Topic: Fitting a Kosmic in an E7se  (Read 4719 times)

flyalan

Re: Fitting a Kosmic in an E7se
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 02:45:28 PM »
I have used just about every major brand ESC out there except the YGE.  I just recently purchased the Kosmic.  Primarily due to the need of a 14s capable ESC and the fact it has a good BEC.  Also using JLog I can get good telemetry information fed into my Jeti radio.

The bottom line is that all ESC's brands have failures.  So far in my three years.in Heli's.. Two jeti's have failed.  One Scorpion. One Castle (plus two castle bec's).  Have I been pissed off about any of them. No!

We push these electronics to the brink of destruction.  They are passing more amps than an average house does.  Yes there will be failures.  One can only hope that they are less often catastrophic.  Meaning fire...  Had one of those recently :-( 

Cheers

Alan
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:24:13 PM by flyalan »

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 08:11:21 PM »
Agreed this speed controller is ridiculously priced. I kinda feel guilty buying it. Not really ;D
Pros for my decision to buy the Kosmik Cool 160A
I like the ease of set up and the governor works great. (I have the Heli Jazz 120)
I use the BEC with the Scorpion BUG. Don't want to mess with other batteries.
I am learning autos and my be able to save some costs with the bail out.
(granted others have this option also but trying to justify this one) Flawed logic!
It looks great and for me the tech and aesthetics behind the machine is a big part of my enjoyment in the hobby.
For crashing it looks like it would survive and or be more repairable then the Heli Jive 120. (Still flawed logic as you could buy another CC for the cost of the repair) Still don't care.
I may be interested in the 14s setup and trying some entry level speed runs in the future.
High resale value?
Interested in the data feature.

Cons.
FnA!! This is pricey and have felt the $$ vacuum as I build the spares up for my E5 build this winter.
(Putting it on my E7)
Don't like the side ports for the BEC and throttle control. Not a big deal.
Crashing with this on your Heli give you a sick feeling as you hope it still works!
Prog disk is dumb and expensive. Don't think you need it?

Bottom line for me the savings for the BEC setup and %15 off this last weekends sale pushed me to consider it.
Went with the base 160A as the 200A version is way out of my needs. Got the cool version just cause it looks cool.
It came in today and I'm afraid to open it.  :o

Barry
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:50:22 PM by PerspectiveVisuals »
Perspective Visuals

Offline Mark Burberry

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 08:19:47 PM »
You are going to enjoy it. Pm me if you need any help with the setup or have any questions.

Enjoy!

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Offline Rctintin

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 03:42:44 PM »
Barry, I could not have put it any better!!
Rob Bingham

Offline cyprusflyer

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2013, 01:40:30 PM »
I bought the 160A Kosmic last year, not a single problem, the price mitigation factor for me was that my Heli Jive 120 together with the JLog was only slightly less than the Kosmic, of course it has data logging built in.
Still very expensive, however, a marvel of engineering, here we have what are basically 3 phase inverters capable of handling peak power of over 10kw, reliably in my experience and not much bigger than a packet of cigarettes.
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR