September 28, 2024, 06:24:03 PM

Author Topic: Fitting a Kosmic in an E7se  (Read 4721 times)

Offline Rctintin

Fitting a Kosmic in an E7se
« on: November 13, 2013, 07:21:06 PM »
Guys, still waiting here for my E7se to show up in the UK from Matt! :'(

I have a shiny new Scorpion 4525 Ultimate for it, and a 160A Kontronic Kosmic ESC.

Looking at the Kosmic fitting, it has lugs that are 99mm centres, so just a thought here... What do you all think of bolting it to the cross braces that are 100mm apart, and not fit the carbon plate you normally fit the ESC to?

Obviously proof will be when I get my kit, I can see if it will work, but do you think there is some kind of built in stiffness there at the front when using the plate, or is it just there to attach a 'normal' ESC to?

Anyone got any pics of an E7 with a Kosmic?
Rob Bingham

flyalan

Re: Fitting a Kosmic in an E7se
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 07:25:03 PM »
Well I just finished my Kosmic install on the E7 SE.  Thanks to Marks help  ;D
It will mount to the cross braces.  Almost like it was made for it.  You will either need to use the carbon plate or use some spacers.  The Servo connectors on the side of the kosmik will be blocked by the side frame if you do not.  The other option would be to cut into the side from.  I choose using the carbon plate and also added a set of tail blade spacers for good measure.

Cheers
Alan

Offline Mark Burberry

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 08:42:04 PM »
Here is a shot I found of my Kosmik 200 on the E7se.

Cheers,
Mark

Edit: This shot was taken when I was messing around with the spacing and so the top two mounts are not screwed down in the pic. The mounting holes line up perfectly with the frame spacers, however as mentioned you need to raise the ESC to prevent the ESC/BEC cables from touching the side frame. You could also use a dremel to shave a little off the side.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:15:06 PM by MJBurberry »

Offline Rctintin

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 04:13:34 PM »
wow, thanks for the tips and the pic guys. When I built the Minicopter Diabolo, I carefully removed a little from the carbon side frame. It would be good to keep the Kosmic down 'inside' the frame as much as possible to protect it.

Did you just use tie wraps to hold it to the alloy cross bar, or drill and tap a thread where its needed, and bolt it solid?
Rob Bingham

Offline Mark Burberry

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 04:26:21 PM »
The mounts on the Kosmik line up perfectly with the existing threaded holes. So you could mount it directly on and bolt it solid.

Mark

Offline Rctintin

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 04:46:28 PM »
Wicked, cheers buddy
Rob Bingham

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 05:30:54 PM »
Ooh! Daddy wants a Kosmik! Are they worth the extra coin? I have the heli jazz 120 and have great experience.

Barry
Perspective Visuals

Offline Mark Burberry

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 05:41:06 PM »
If you are looking for something that handles up to 400amp spikes, has an extremely good governor, built in anti-spark, 3 sensor ports for telemetry, extremely strong internal BEC and comes down after a beating without breaking a sweat...

Then Yes  :)

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 05:48:10 PM »
Well to be honest it would be over specking my flying abilities. Doesn't stop me from liking the opulent tech side if the hobby.

Barry
Perspective Visuals

Offline Rctintin

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 07:08:39 PM »
I love the telemetry, also the fuel gauge is awesome, beat the tar out of the heli for 4 mins, or potter around at 1300 for 15 mins, what do you set the timer for? Well with the Kosmic, you set it to reduce HS when there is 20% left in the pack!! Could be 3 mins of speed flying, or 8mins of sport, or 15 of lazy boy.... it will tell you.

Also, new stuff on the way, like connection to your iphone or Android via BT, live telemetry back to the latest Tx's...

All this on top of a solid BEC, awesome gov, reliability, best components German money can buy.... the list keeps going.
Rob Bingham

Offline Tyler_Kale

• Fly low, fly fast, have fun
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 09:29:01 PM »
Here is a shot I found of my Kosmik 200 on the E7se.

Cheers,
Mark

buddy at our feild as this esc and its a MONSTERRRR never gets even warm on the hardest flights. Price tag is a monster too lol
Edit: This shot was taken when I was messing around with the spacing and so the top two mounts are not screwed down in the pic. The mounting holes line up perfectly with the frame spacers, however as mentioned you need to raise the ESC to prevent the ESC/BEC cables from touching the side frame. You could also use a dremel to shave a little off the side.
Team Synergy/Rail Blades

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »
Picked up a Kosmik cool 160A on sale today. Going to put the 120 on the a new E5.

Barry
Perspective Visuals

Offline Rctintin

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 02:51:31 PM »
Nice one mate, the Kosmic is spendy, but, solid BEC, and lots of other great features.

I have a brand new Kontronic 100LV sat in its box for my E5 (seeing as I have just received my E7se and the N7 due in the next few weeks, the purchase of the E5 will be next spring now)!!
Rob Bingham

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 03:22:53 PM »
Cool! I'm craving the N7 also however I have never flow nitro and a 700 class nitro may be a mistake for me to start with. Maybe next year.

I like the gear as much as the flying. I may have stepped out side of reality with the Kosmik purchase. Just bought HV servos to go with it. My E5 will be a low volt set up.

Barry
Perspective Visuals

Offline rimaarts

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 01:01:19 PM »
If you are looking for something that handles up to 400amp spikes, has an extremely good governor, built in anti-spark, 3 sensor ports for telemetry, extremely strong internal BEC and comes down after a beating without breaking a sweat...

Then Yes  :)

+ costs double the cost of anything else
+after reading some threads in helifreak seems like some of them are failing (come on, when i pay 2x the price of anything else, i expect it NOT to fail)...

to me, only cool feature of kosmik is capacity logging... and it would seem the esc of choice only if going on 14s setup...

but im also really considering kosmik...  :-[