June 30, 2024, 03:24:17 AM

Author Topic: Please, consider not shipping with pre-assembled parts  (Read 3317 times)

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
Re: Please, consider not shipping with pre-assembled parts
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 01:16:49 AM »
It seems that most responses in this thread favor pre-assembly.  The various arguments for pre-assembly are persuasive.

Is there a way to pre-assemble without Red-Loctiting the spindle shaft?  If not (for legal reasons), is there a way to not pre-assemble the spindle shaft and just leave the spindle shaft parts loose in a sealed bag?

Offline NKY Heli Guy

Please, consider not shipping with pre-assembled parts
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 07:21:17 AM »
Now the spindle shaft was tough to get off. I would agree with that... it seems that other people thought there was rubber cement added to the spindle. Whatever was used, I had to buy the Grippy to properly remove the spindle, bolts etc. This part of the kit could use improvement for sure. The rest of the parts went together and came apart flawlessly.

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 09:00:07 PM »
I agree, I had a very difficult time getting the spindle shaft taken care of.
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline Hendo67

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 11:49:45 PM »
First of all- THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!
I'm fine with either way of packaging but I agree that the manual could be clearer in regard to which pre-assemblies can be left alone and which need re-assembly.
As far as parts prep goes- buy a cheap jewelry cleaner (or use your sonic brass cleaner ;-) reloaders). Fill it with some denatured, drop in screws and parts and let'er buck for 10 min. Blow out the thread holes with canned air and you're g2g.
Synergy E7 :  Synergy N5c :  Synergy E5  :  T700  :  B130X