September 29, 2024, 11:20:04 AM

Author Topic: Key chain mounts issue  (Read 8403 times)

Offline Steve Graham

Re: Key chain mounts issue
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2014, 12:47:23 PM »
I've used grease, oil etc without benefit.  I was inspecting the standoffs the other day and noticed that they each had two large dents in the land, groove or race if you will that holds the balls in place.  The dents were exactly 180 degrees across from one another.  I have replaced mine in the past because of crash damage and this heli has hit the ground a number of times due to my own mistakes since I built it in January therefore it is possible this was caused in a crash.  Still, I'd be curious to see if anyone flying an N7 without crash history can inspect this area for the same type of thing.  I tried to get a picture of it but the area is too small to capture on my camera.  Suffice to say that the dents in the race groove were rather large compared to the groove itself.  My theory is that vibrations begin to wear the groove and the pins end up rotating to these dents repeatedly.  This allows the balls to begin wearing out the holes in the pin and soon they either jam or fall out.  I'd also like to know if this is a problem anyone has observed on one of the electric birds?

I've replaced the mounts on my heli with the Booyas which seem to be made of a different material and time will tell if the same thing re-occurs.
Trying in vain not to anger the gods of vertical flight!

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2014, 06:40:51 PM »
I checked both of mine, Steve, and am not seeing anything similar to what you describe.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Mike Dipalo

• Field Representative
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2014, 02:51:38 PM »
I had one side of mine jam up now and then after a flight. Seems on some it may be possible for the connection to jam up. Went in with a polish wheel on a dremel to be safe to open the tolerances a tiny bit. I didn't see any burrs or unusual marks on mine.

I was expecting them to be like the E5. Crazy tight when brand new, but wore in a little with use.

Reporting this sort of stuff to Matt and the gang is how things get improved. A pile of angry people with nothing but grammatically questionable strings of expletives to offer just leaves Matt confused  ;D

Designing robots is the same deal. I tell anyone who gets our stuff that if anything goes wrong, you tell me about it, even if it's something cheap or silly you just replace vs. repair. I tell thing to people I see flying Synergy.
"You need more rockets. Everything is better with rawkets"
Commodore8888
Rockville, MD

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2014, 03:05:28 PM »
The receptacles on the booyas are also aluminum, they're just black anodized, BTW.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline flyercld

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2014, 08:56:02 PM »
Same here, I had one go bad. I ordered a new one, and some time one stick. So, I will try some grease (Tri Flow)

Charles

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2014, 09:31:48 AM »
I am currently having issues with my N7 ones. the E5 mounts have been good though!
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2014, 08:55:37 AM »
I have been using a dry teflon, grease will attract dirt, now mine is very new, and i have no problems with them yet. I have to push in hard to make them click, then they lock. At the end of the day i take them out and spray them again.
Cliff

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2014, 09:19:02 AM »
dry teflon is a great idea! i use it on my gears already!

Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline flyercld

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2014, 05:33:54 AM »
I've got to try some, I will get it today.