September 29, 2024, 12:29:25 AM

Author Topic: So what's on tap in the R&D lab?  (Read 1539 times)

Offline bmclaurin

So what's on tap in the R&D lab?
« on: October 03, 2014, 10:34:45 AM »
When I lived in Atlanta and flew at CCRC (where Matt used to fly before his move to AL), I took for granted how great it was to have a small peek inside the R&D lab before things got announced publicly. It was really cool to see and hear about what Matt was working on for the "next big thing." Since moving to Nevada over a year ago, I am so out of touch! Any insights into where the Synergy lineup is headed in the next year or two? Bigger ships? Smaller ships? More investment in nitro (to capitalize on what seems to be a hugely successful N7)? Back to electric? Just curious as to what's coming down the line.

Funny thing is I don't really even have a preference. I have been so pleased with the progression of the entire Synergy lineup since Matt revived the company a few years ago, that I will almost certainly buy, build, and fly whatever it is that Matt comes up with next.

Barry
Electric: Synergy E7SE, Synergy E5, Logo 600SX, Henseleit TDR
Nitro: Synergy N5c, Synergy N7

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
Re: So what's on tap in the R&D lab?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 12:22:32 PM »
Please let it be a Synergy E3.   ;)

Offline Roger

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 01:53:20 AM »
What I am hoping for is a redesign of the N5C with direct to Swash cyclic servos.  That would be awesome.

ROG
ROG
Retired Old Guy

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 07:45:11 AM »
What ever it is im sure it will be great
Cliff

Offline Wolf51

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 07:07:40 PM »
The world doesn't stand still, so Matt will most likely be working on something.
And we'd most likely agree that whatever it is will be great.

I'm really hoping it'll be an E3, like I posted here: http://synergyrchelicopters.com/forum/index.php?topic=2948.msg29918#msg29918.
:)

Offline Frequency

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 12:33:24 PM »

What I am hoping for is a redesign of the N5C with direct to Swash cyclic servos.  That would be awesome.

ROG

I agree that would be great! I am not too fond of the bell cranks but the N5c frame as it stands is much too skinny to run direct to swash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dan Minick

• Field Representative
  • Team FBL Rotors---Formerly Dyecocker1
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 06:16:17 PM »
not necessarily. I have an NX4 with skinny frames and direct linkage. Though I have no issues with the current bell crank system
Dan Minick