April 27, 2024, 08:54:43 PM

Author Topic: N5c Build!  (Read 24393 times)

flyalan

Re: N5c Build!
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 08:14:22 PM »
Looking good Bob.  Glad to see another Helicommand user.  Maybe next year at IRCHA we can get Danny to do a Helicommand user photo :-)

I eliminated the need for the switch up front by using a Gryphon regulator with a remote switch which I have placed at the rear of the right side of the fuse.  Works fabulous and the switch has a flashing light system to alert to low voltage.

I also tried the pin conversion on both the front and rear mounts.  Removed the front ones for the same reason.  A bit tight on the muffler side.  Went back to the thumb screws on the front only.  Pins on the back.

Keep us posted on the maidens (both you and Chris).

Cheers
Alan

Offline Bob Heybrock

• Field Representative
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 09:29:21 PM »
Thanks for the input Alan & Brandon. Alan I considered that but I had to STOP the spending (for now at least.) Brandon, can you elaborate on where you placed your switch, or do you have gynecologist fingers?

I completed my tail belt mod (see pic) but according to my order tracking information my voltage regulator may not arrive until Monday. :(  :'(

On a good note the sun came out today here in North Carolina and I got some beautiful pics of my heli! Hence the attached & an Avatar pic now.  8)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bob Heybrock, Team Synergy
N5c: OS.55HZ, CGY 750. E7: KDE 700XF, CGY750. E5: KDE 600XF, Spartan Vortex. Radio: Futaba 14SG

Offline Chris "CSpaced" Mulcahy

• Lower!
    • AMA
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2012, 10:11:01 PM »
Got a little more done myself today. I stripped and lubed the bearings in the rotor head, and made sure all of the balls on the swash were thread locked. I've actually ordered some more of the longer balls to add to the inner swash. According to Matt, this will make the CGY750 a lot happier. The CGY750 is mounted, still loving the governor sensor mount! I also routed all of my cables so that they aren't rubbing against any carbon, and I'll be mounting the receiver on the underside of the battery tray once I pick up some more velcro.  I've got to reset the CGY750, center all the servos, and then make up the pushrods and do final setup. Almost there!
Chris Mulcahy
Team Futaba, Team Castle Creations, Team KDE Direct
Synergy N5c, Synergy E7SE, Synergy E5S

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
N5c Build!
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2012, 04:52:33 AM »
Looking good! For my switch I just have the actual part that you push up and down facing towards the back of the heli with some double sided tape. It's got just enough clearance behind the fan shroud that I can touch it but it's still protected by the canopy.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

Offline Bob Heybrock

• Field Representative
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2012, 06:31:45 AM »
Thanks Brandon...That's got me thinking better on it now.

Alan, any particulars on setting the HC3sX up as far as the stabilization & Rescue feature? (Chris has installed the SX on his Goblin so fortunately I'll have his assistance, other than it being a different heli.) I have been through the set-up wizard and figure my next step is getting it in the air although I imagine a bit of my attention at first will be getting the new engine tuned. The collective is set at 12 degrees both positive & negative and cyclic is set at 8 degrees. (Keep in mind, I am pretty much a novice when it comes to my flying skills, hence the desire for the rescue feature!) I was amazed and impressed at how precise all the linkages & mechanisms are, all I really had to do was shorten the pitch links slightly, very nice.

I woke up with a solution to my temporary voltage regulator dilema...I'll just fly with a 6V battery pack, duh! :)

We'll be sure to pack equipment to take plenty of video & stills at the field on Saturday!
N5c: OS.55HZ, CGY 750. E7: KDE 700XF, CGY750. E5: KDE 600XF, Spartan Vortex. Radio: Futaba 14SG

flyalan

N5c Build!
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2012, 06:56:38 AM »
Yes sometimes we don't see the forest for the trees. What tail servo did you use. Some don't like 6v.

I will post my setup file from the hc3 this evening. I did not use the SX on this one. You will at least be able to view my settings.
Be sure you are getting full deflection on the tail.
This was my third Hc3 setup so if you have questions just ask.

Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bob Heybrock

• Field Representative
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2012, 07:48:35 AM »
Thanks Alan,

I'm  using an Outrage Torq BL9188 on the tail and was getting full deflection on it during set up, as a matter of fact that was with a LiFe 6.6V battery. I just thought about it, Chris uses a LiFe 6.6V on his Goblin with the same servos, so I'm sure there will be no problems. The Futaba S9650 throttle servo did not "smoke" or smell hot during set up either.

I look forward to seeing your settings, nothing like learning from others!

Thanks again.

• Lower!
    • AMA
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2012, 07:51:59 AM »
I just thought about it, Chris uses a LiFe 6.6V on his Goblin with the same servos, so I'm sure there will be no problems.

Not true, I run a high voltage setup on the Goblin, two cell lipo!

Your HC3SX is ready to go Bob, you just have to go fly it and figure out where your head gain needs to be set for optimum performance. Once that's done, we can assign that default channel over to the rescue mode and you'll be all set.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 07:54:26 AM by CSpaced »
Chris Mulcahy

Offline Bob Heybrock

• Field Representative
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2012, 12:07:02 PM »
My mistake Chris, sorry. OK, that's cool on the gyro settings, so what your saying is once it is in the air I better start flying around...Not too much time hovering, I got it 8).

Thanks.

flyalan

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2012, 06:59:24 PM »
Here is my N5C setup file if you would like to peek at it. 

Cheers
Alan

• Lower!
    • AMA
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2012, 08:49:55 PM »
Alrighty, pushrods are done! It kinda has that steam locomotive look now  ;D

I've switched out a pair of the stock inner swash balls for some of the longer ones. Now it's just a case of programming the gyro, cyclic and collective pitch, governor etc. I haven't snugged down the swash follower yet, as I want to make sure all the pushrods are square before I set it. I'm looking forward to starting it up real soon!
Chris Mulcahy

Offline Bob Heybrock

• Field Representative
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2012, 09:24:05 PM »
Well, my luck is apparently still hanging in there...My voltage regulator was on the front porch when I got home today!!! (Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket...NOT!)

I just completed tucking in all my wiring & doing the final mounting of the battery and other than programing flight modes into my radio I am ready to go to the field in the morning!

Chris, I see what you mean about the Tweetsie RR, good one ;D. Cool that you are finally getting to use those servo arms (or discs as the are.)

Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day tomorrow albeit a little chilly, especially early...I will post details tomorrow, hopefully we'll have some nice stuff to show!

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
N5c Build!
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2012, 05:43:58 AM »
Awesome, awesome. I love it when a great plan comes together. =P

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

flyalan

N5c Build!
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2012, 06:02:52 AM »
Good luck today Bob. Get some good pics if you can.
Cheers
Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Lower!
    • AMA
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2012, 02:34:38 PM »
Yeah man! Bob maidened his N5c today, and burned a few tanks of gas! We had a small hiccup with the gyro, but everything should be ready to go again by next weekend.

Chris Mulcahy