April 28, 2024, 09:29:15 AM

Author Topic: vbar sensor placement  (Read 1507 times)

Offline bleomycin

vbar sensor placement
« on: January 29, 2013, 11:23:57 PM »
Sorry for all of the mundane questions  :-[
I'm finally beginning to wire everything up, i've looked through some of the wiring threads but i haven't been able to find a picture of a mounted vbar remote sensor (vbar silverline). Should i be attaching the large vbar module to the receiver plate, and the remote silverline sensor to the gyro plate, even though the gyro plate is upside down? Is it alright to run the sensor upside down? I realize it functions that way in flight i'm just unsure if it will work correctly when initialized upside down? Thanks again!

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
Re: vbar sensor placement
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 11:37:37 PM »
Mount it on the sensor mounting plate (upside down).  The sensor mounting plate is below the main electronics tray on the rear of the heli.  Mount the sensor with the wire exiting toward the tail boom.  Do your best to center it on the mounting plate (equal spacing from each side.  Once in the VBar software you will see pictures and a question asking you to select the mounting orientation you selected.  Don't worry about asking  questions that is what we are here for and we are happy to help!  ;)

Rich
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:47:18 PM by RichL »
Synergy E5: Scorpion HKIII 4025-1100, CC ICE2 120HV, Rail 556/96, V-Bar Silverline

Synergy E7: Quantum 4530-500, CC ICE2 160HV, Rail 716/116, V-Bar Silverline