September 28, 2024, 05:19:34 PM

Author Topic: E7 torque tube transmission gears  (Read 2247 times)

Offline KevinM

E7 torque tube transmission gears
« on: February 17, 2013, 06:08:43 AM »
Hey everyone,

I know some ppl have touched on parts of this but the most prob I have is the TT gear meshing in the transmission itself when its all built the blades move freely but I know that the transmission gears themselves are VERY snug. The tail gears are fine and I wanna say that the auto gear to the tramssion metal gear I think is fine. 

Other prob BOY it has gained A LOT of weight in the tail..what did you all do in this case?

Thanks
Kevin

Offline okanor

Re: E7 torque tube transmission gears
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 09:56:12 AM »
I had this issue, I installed the top bearing block upside down so the lip to retain the bearing was on top instead of being underneath.. The gears still turned but it was very tight, it went together fine like this but once I snugged up all the screws for case it did not spin freely. You may want to double check this. Page 4 of the E6/7 TT Conversion Kit - Online Manual shows this a bit better perhaps.
The photo of the assembled helicopter is an E5, but the case that has no gears is from my E7, currently in a dumb thumb state  :-\
Low and Slow

Offline okanor

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 09:57:18 AM »
So the second photo would be the incorrect way to place the bearing block.
Hope this helps.
Low and Slow

Offline KevinM

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 07:04:45 PM »
orientation is correct. but the mesh on the transmission gears are tight and transmission pinion gear to auto gear is super snug. The teeth are fully engaged!  Now it has about 4-5 flights on it and while I think they have run in a bit its still VERY snug!

cant really loosen the mesh at all.. 

flyalan

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 08:24:23 PM »
The gears may feel a bit snug initially and it may take more than 4-5 flights to loosen up.   Synergy Helicopters are built to very tight tolerances.  I was concerned about this on my first E7 build but did as I was told and just flew it.  You are correct.  The mesh is not adjustable on the E7.  I suggest you give it a bit more time and keep us posted.

Cheers
Alan

Offline trhammonds

• Field Representative
  • IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 01:37:51 PM »
TT gearing and meshing is funny business. ;D What works for one may not work for the other but you can give this a shot. Take your boom and shove it all the way in till you can move it any anymore and then pull it out by 2 1/2mm's and that should free it up. I moved mine back by 6mm and it’s as smooth as a baby's butt, but I also run different blades from 696 to the 716 mm. Also insure that you pin the boom at the front and the rear when you do this. Hope this works for you...

ROCK
"Rock"
Team Synergy/RailBlades/Scorpion/Giant Power Batteries...

Offline Rob Cherry

• Factory Pilot
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 02:31:26 PM »
The other thing to make sure of is that the mushroom gear is fully seated into the bearings. I remove that mounting block, place it into a support and lightly tap the gear with a rubber or sand-filled mallet.  Also, be certain the 5mm shaft is fully seated into the 12T spur gear using another session of the rubber mallet.  :)
Synergy Factory Pilot