June 30, 2024, 05:06:32 AM

Author Topic: ATTENTION - Ball Link Adapter Assembly Tip - Page 46  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
ATTENTION - Ball Link Adapter Assembly Tip - Page 46
« on: March 24, 2013, 10:22:46 PM »
Hello Everyone,

A short tip concerning the Ball Link Adapter on Page 46 of the E5 Manual.......

Bad things will happen if you attempt to remove the M3x16mm bolt without first removing the M2.5x12mm set screw. Since the M2.5 set screw is sometimes sitting against the M3 bolt, unscrewing the M3 bolt without removing or backing out the M2.5 set screw will destroy the bolt as well as the aluminum Ball Link Adapter.

I've updated the E5 manual to provide caution.

http://synergyrchelicopters.com/E5_Manual_v2.0.pdf

Thanks,

Matt Botos

Offline copenhagen

Re: ATTENTION - Ball Link Adapter Assembly Tip - Page 46
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 12:48:44 PM »
I made an idiot mistake:

I failed to loosen one of these nuts on my N5C TT build last night even though I have already properly built an E5 head.

I noticed that the M3x16 bolt must be replaced.  I replaced it.  I can give it a good pull (as hard as I can pull on it by hand without tools) and it does not pull out of the "Ball Link Adapter."  That is to say, there are enough threads left in the "Ball Link Adapter" so that I cannot pull it out.  Do you think it would be prudent for me to replace the "Ball Link Adapter" or do you think I will be ok?  I did not notice any metal shavings coming out of the part, and when I looked in the hole, what I could see of the threads seemed to look ok.