June 27, 2024, 07:05:11 PM

Author Topic: E5 HC3SX settings  (Read 9640 times)

flyalan

E5 HC3SX settings
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 06:34:25 AM »
The e5 was a bit more of a challenge than the E7 or N5c. Ultimately it was a matter of trying to run too high a head gain. Ended up with an aileron bobble on occasion.  The fix was to lower just the aileron part of the gain. This allowed me to run a head gain I was happy with.
That is the nice thing about the Demon. Very tweakable. Yes I would be more than happy to share my settings. The setting file is easily transferred.
I am not trying to sell you on a Demon. If you are looking for bailout they are the only ones to consider. IMHO

Cheers
Alan

Offline copenhagen

Re: E5 HC3SX settings
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 10:45:59 AM »
The e5 was a bit more of a challenge than the E7 or N5c. Ultimately it was a matter of trying to run too high a head gain. Ended up with an aileron bobble on occasion.  The fix was to lower just the aileron part of the gain. This allowed me to run a head gain I was happy with.
That is the nice thing about the Demon. Very tweakable. Yes I would be more than happy to share my settings. The setting file is easily transferred.
I am not trying to sell you on a Demon. If you are looking for bailout they are the only ones to consider. IMHO

Cheers
Alan

Yes, this is my only concern about the Demon.  OK, it costs 250 more than the Skookum unit, but if it saves me even just 1 crash it probably paid for what it costs extra, and after that it is just icing on the cake.  I am just worried I'll have a hard time setting it up as compared to the other units- esp in light of the fact that you had difficulty with it.  If I buy it, which is likely come pay day in 2 days, I will need to take you up on your setup file offer.  Thanks for all of your help so far- to everybody.

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 11:40:25 AM »
Most of my hard crashes have happened so fast I don't think I would have had time to hit the bailout because I wasn't able to hit throttle hold prior to piling it in.  I think for it to be a benefit to me, I would have to go with something like the Skookum SK720 with the GPS module or the DJI Naza-H that one can set a hard deck to not go below.  I may be wrong, though.  Without trying it I couldn't truly say whether or not I would be able to hit the switch in time.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2013, 12:03:06 PM »
Most of my hard crashes have happened so fast I don't think I would have had time to hit the bailout because I wasn't able to hit throttle hold prior to piling it in.  I think for it to be a benefit to me, I would have to go with something like the Skookum SK720 with the GPS module or the DJI Naza-H that one can set a hard deck to not go below.  I may be wrong, though.  Without trying it I couldn't truly say whether or not I would be able to hit the switch in time.

Yea it's a hard decision to make.  Helidirect has everything 10% off this weekend so I'm buying soon.