July 06, 2024, 07:41:50 PM

Author Topic: pin on the tail output shuft gear came off  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Erutsyn

pin on the tail output shuft gear came off
« on: September 03, 2013, 11:21:15 AM »
hello. I just put together a new e5. started for the first time and the pin came off from the gear that sits on the out put shaft part(305-518) , plus the pin . and I think it band the output shaft. I got the e5 from experience RC. Why would this happen. They are out of parts. do you have this parts.   My address is  Eugene Rutenberg 3 Ashley place, Towaco, nj 07082.

flyalan

Re: pin on the tail output shuft gear came off
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 11:30:04 AM »
hello. I just put together a new e5. started for the first time and the pin came off from the gear that sits on the out put shaft part(305-518) , plus the pin . and I think it band the output shaft. I got the e5 from experience RC. Why would this happen. They are out of parts. do you have this parts.   My address is  Eugene Rutenberg 3 Ashley place, Towaco, nj 07082.

There is a set screw that goes into the shaft to keep the pin from coming out.  Did you loktite the set screw?
Check FBLrotors.com for your parts... 

Cheers
Alan

flyalan

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 11:33:37 AM »
320-406 is the pin you need.  It appears FBL has them both.  Check to be sure your set screw is still in place in case you need to order one of those.

Cheers
Alan

Offline Erutsyn

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 12:01:45 PM »
when you say fbl , what do you mean . I do not have any extra parts. and the set pin is not in the gear any more. Also the menual does not show this part. and it does not tell to  lock t it.

Offline Erutsyn

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 12:07:14 PM »
also , do I need set scrues to hold the pin. how does it work?

flyalan

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 12:07:51 PM »
when you say fbl , what do you mean . I do not have any extra parts. and the set pin is not in the gear any more. Also the menual does not show this part. and it does not tell to  lock t it.

Just because the manual doesn't tell you to loktite an item doesn't mean it should not be loktited.  For the most part every screws, bolt, link, etc that is metal to metal and not in a pinch clamp of some soft needs to be loktite.  That knowledge is assumed.

You will need to order the parts.  320-406 is the pin.  It can be ordered from www.fblrotors.com .  I checked  They are in stock.  You need to verify that the set screw is still in place.  If not you need to order that also. THe part number is in the manual. 

Cheers
Alan

flyalan

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 12:09:26 PM »
also , do I need set scrues to hold the pin. how does it work?

The set screw goes into the output shaft on the opposite end from the tail blades.  Please review the manual. 
If you need a photo I will be more than happy to provide one this evening.

Cheers
Alan

flyalan

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 12:12:44 PM »
If you will verify that your set screw is in place and let me know I will mail you a new pin.
PM me your contact info.

Cheers
Alan

Offline Mark Burberry

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 12:16:48 PM »

Page 41 of the manual shows you the set screw and to loktite it.

Cheers,
Mark

Offline Erutsyn

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »
what size of set scrues do I need to hold that pin.do I need two of them on each side. and I do not see a part# in the manuel for set scrue. it has only the gear.

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 12:21:51 PM »

Actually, on page 3 of the manual there is a note at the bottom labeled "IMPORTANT" that states what Alan just said about loctite.

Also, the drawing on page 39 does show both the pin and the set screw as well as a specific note that loctite needs to be applied to the set screw.

Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Mark Burberry

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 12:24:20 PM »
what size of set scrues do I need to hold that pin.do I need two of them on each side. and I do not see a part# in the manuel for set scrue. it has only the gear.

Mark

flyalan

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 12:27:10 PM »
Thanks Mark ;D  I don't have the manual on my work laptop (shhhhh!)  Was about to download it!
Yes that looks like a blue bottle to me also ;D

Again, verify if the setscrew is there.  If it is I will mail you a new pin.

Cheers
Alan

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 12:27:28 PM »
There is one part number missing from the drawing, and that's for the pin.  Matt said he would be fixing the drawing, soon.
Rodney

Team Synergy

flyalan

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 12:28:09 PM »
And you too Rodney ;D  You da man!

Alan