July 02, 2024, 03:12:02 AM

Author Topic: Are folks upgrading the stock plastic E5 tail slider to the E7SE metal version?  (Read 2055 times)

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
I have not had any problems with the stock plastic E5 tail slider.  However, I've always felt that this plastic part feels out of place when compared to the rest of the helicopter.  Now that the metal tail slider is available and for only $45, I am wondering if folks are upgrading to it.

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
I'll keep all of mine the way they are unless I destroy that part and it needs replaced.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline dpelletier

I usually keep things stock. Unless the upgrade is from the manufacturer and then only if the part needs replacing.
Dany -  Not on any Team  :( maybe some day :)
Synergy E5 CGY-750 (my favorite heli)
Furion 6 Flybarless, Skookum 720
Beam E4(v1) FBL, Skookum 540
Futaba 14sg

Inching my way out of being a newbie...

Offline steffgiguere

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
I have 720 fligts on my E7 and 718 on my E6 with plastic tail slider. Have not had one problem. Therefore I suggest to keep stock, change if it breaks with the one you prefer.
Team Synergy, Canada

Offline Chuck Bole

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
 Might be awhile before the stock slider wears out, maybe sooner in a crash. But when it does I'll put the SE slider on mine as well.. (figured I'd explain my "other" vote)

chuck
Team Synergy Field Representative / Thunder Power

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
It seems that no one, including myself, have have any issues with the stock plastic slider.  That is reassuring.  Still, I keep in the back of my mind that the short threaded Pivot ball 107-103 is mainly retained to the plastic tail bearing ring 115-319 with a few drops of CA.  That makes me somewhat uncomfortable.

Offline copenhagen

*Disclaimer* I partially blame myself for this.

I have a heavy hand- I'm 6'5" for chrissake.

I removed the ball for some reason which I have forgotten and re-installed it.  Yes I used CA.  Anyhow, the re-installed ball came undone from the pitch slider whilst inverted and several feet above the ground.  I am still re-building.

I will be using the metal slider next time- more forgiving of my 3 fingers worth of torque.

Offline Scott Anderson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Stock slider works great , not going to upgrade it.
Field Representative

Offline Jean-Luc Bolduc

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Not upgrading as the stock one is doing fine. But if I would at first excuse....errr crash.
Team Synergy

Offline Pilot error

The sliding action on mine was just a bit sticky at one side.
 it got a bit better after bedding in but still just a tinny bit of friction on one side.
No one is to blame for this but me. All parts are nice and slop free.
I just can't seem to find where it's sticking.  In an attempt to to free up the tail I got the se tail bit as well as the fbl rotors bell crank.  To no avail. .... I reamed with botosizer.    It's smooth as I move it. I just need to get it started and brake the friction. It's the inside or left that's tight.