July 02, 2024, 03:31:37 AM

Author Topic: Still love it  (Read 950 times)

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Still love it
« on: January 25, 2014, 07:09:18 PM »
I hadn't flown my E5 since 11/23/13.  Between bad weather and the fact that I swiped the tail servo off of it to use on my N7 when the first Torq BL9188 that I got had issues, it had been just gathering dust.  This morning I decided I needed to put it back together and make it airworthy again.  I got the new servo installed and then went through the whole FBL setup again just to make sure that everything was good to go.  Charged up 2 packs and then went down to the empty lot on the corner to test fly it.  I had so much fun, even though it's freaking cold, that I charged the packs up again and went to the schoolyard down the road and flew some more.

I love that every different size helicopter flies just differently enough to make them all enjoyable in different ways. I still thoroughly enjoy the E5 every single time I fly it.  It's easy to kind of push it off in the corner and ignore it and just fly the bigger ones but every time I fly it I remember why I don't think I would ever not want to have it.

Yeah, I'm starting to get a bit of a case of "cabin fever" with all the fog we've had here the last couple of weeks. Doesn't take much to get me gushing...
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Scott Anderson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Re: Still love it
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 10:48:49 AM »
I love the E5 ! I had thoughts of doing a E5s but can't make myself do it the stock E5 fly's to good!
Field Representative

Offline chrismechanic

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 11:30:32 AM »
I guess the E5s means stretch.. that's what I'm going to do with mine I think.as long as the e5 on 6s don't kill my packs.
if my packs get too hot I'll have to get some 550 mains.
Chris.

Offline Scott Anderson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 01:53:38 PM »
Yes E5s is stretched to a 600 and the E5ss is a 700

I have mine on 6s 4100 45C Pulse and 6s 4400 70C Thunder Power , Castle Edge 120 and Vertigo 1175kv motor. With the 13T pinion I'm turning 2400 head speed the ESC temp is staying @ 160°F . I haven't temped the motor but its warm along with the 45C packs the 70C TP packs seem to make all the temps a little bit cooler.
Field Representative

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 05:12:40 PM »
The E5 is cooler than the other side of the pillow.  It is so great in fact, it is hard to find a smaller companion to it that has the same level of quality and flies as well.
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 05:16:53 PM »
I got 9 flights on my E5 today for a grand total of 203.  I was practicing upside down boxes today.  Little bastard flies quite nicely.