July 06, 2024, 07:19:26 PM

Author Topic: First flight  (Read 4901 times)

Offline James F

Re: First flight
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2014, 08:09:14 AM »
Luckily I have power at my field (right behind my house) and the new para boards my wife bought me for my b-day are nice.  I love being able to do back to back flights with it.  The only downside is that I need two torque tube bearings with housings, e5s torque tube, torque tube ends, and some 606 mains now so I can stretch it out.  I want to leave my 556 tail setup so when I get everything I need to repair the original frame I can have one stretched and one not stretched.  The non stretched I want to set up for 6cell and lower hs to achieve desireable flight times.  Preferably using a 3300mah pack but 5000 may be required.

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2014, 08:48:45 AM »
i get much longer flight times with much better flight performance with the stretched models on 12S. LS on the 556 is not going to be as pleasurable as LS with the larger blades. i also love to crank the HS up on the stretched E5 and watch her scream too! :)
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline James F

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2014, 10:10:14 AM »
On my 12cell 556 I run 2370hs Mike. It works great.  Once I get a second e5 in the air I want to have it setup for 6cell and the one I am currently flying I am going to stretch again once I get a few parts.  The 6cell once built I want to run around 2200 just to try it out which I have seen one run slower hs.   For now until I can get all the parts I plan on keeping my one flying e5 at the higher headspeed.  12cell 556 on a low hs would be nasty for anything other than figure 8's.   It would be fun to try though lol

On a side note... what is the highest hs that the e5 head can SAFELY handle?  If you can't tell I like to experiment a bit.  I normally try something and just go yup that was fun and put it back to a more normal setup.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:13:08 AM by James F »

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2014, 11:12:01 AM »
james, sounds like you have a plan, and sounds like you do like to experiment!  ;)

i have flown mine at 2500, and 2550 a lot. i once entered my pole count incorrectly in my gov, by mistake, and flew the heli at 2700HS for 3 flights. the heli flew amazing. i have heard other team members say that they have flown the E5 head on the SS (696mm blades) and it held up fine. so the head i am not worried about at all. what i would try to pinpoint is the maximum rated HS for the blades themselves.  i can tell  you that they handled 2700 with ease, and i was pushing them very hard (as hard as i can anyway....). i cannot say for absolute certian what the highest rated HS for the 556mm blades is. Matt would be the only one to confirm that number. however, i would be willing to bet its higher than 2550...
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline James F

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2014, 11:58:38 AM »
Now 2700 on a 550 would be fun.  I run 3100 on my 500pro.

Offline Jeff_Barrett

• The "Canadian"
    • Synergy RC Express
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2014, 02:29:45 PM »
LOL ... 2700 would be insane on the E5.

I run 2450 and it's a beast already.
Jeff Barrett - Synergy RC Express
Team Synergy / Bavarian Demon / MKS Servo

Offline James F

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2014, 02:57:31 PM »
I don't find much difference in 100rpm faster.  2370 already but 2700 or 2800 would be crazy quick.  This past weekend I turned up my  cyclic rates to 300deg/sec on my 500 at 3100hs.  It is now very fast.  It was one of the rare flights that I push my limits.  One of the guys there said and I quote "wow your skills just leap forward".  I replied not really as I flew to my limits for a couple of years but prefer slower 3D, etc.   The faster rates messed up piro flips though.  I have to relearn them if I keep it that fast.  It was fliping and rolling fast enough I lost orientation twice.  Was interesting to those watching though.  One guy was trying to tell me how to do a manouver I do regularly when he can't even do a tic toc.  I love ths3 people lol.  I replied no that isn't the problem.  The problem is this is an align not a synergy, its afraid of falling apart.  He is an align lover.  He likes to bash my E5 since the link broke on my first maiden so I give it back about align..  gotta take it if your going to give it.

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2014, 06:28:55 PM »
2670 to be exact.  And yes, it was quick, but also extremely stable. The tail held extraordinary well too ;)
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos