July 06, 2024, 08:28:59 PM

Author Topic: tail blades moving (left/right) without moving on the tail shaft.  (Read 4077 times)

Offline Erutsyn

Re: tail blades moving (left/right) without moving on the tail shaft.
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 10:22:05 PM »
thank you. I sent  the money to paypal

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 10:48:15 PM »
Thank you Eugene.  I have the package ready to ship.  I PM'd you the USPS tracking number.  Hope you enjoy the part.  It works awesome on the E7SE.

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 11:38:35 AM »
I dropped off the package at the post office this morning.  Thanks you.

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 04:13:05 PM »
i checked mine out today at lunch, and I have about the same amount of play on mine. even with the FBL rotors bell crank....I have never noticed any negative flight characteristics. I have 5 synergys. 4 of them have the plastic synergy bellcrank, one has the FBL rotors one. all of them have very similar play. the FBL rotors one has the same amount of play, but the tail holds better in a flip (on the N7), but I think its the VBar gov that is really making the difference there....
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Erutsyn

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 08:09:07 PM »
Hello. I received the slider. And put everything together. I did not need to do anything for the ball. It fits perfectly. I do not know why did you need to shave it.  Thank you for quick response.

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2014, 09:22:22 PM »
I'm glad it worked out well.  Hope you enjoy it. 

Offline Erutsyn

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2014, 07:04:01 PM »
I put an upgraded metal tail slider . On the vbar I had to have an I-gain 30 and P-gain 100, to have a good tail. Otherwise I coud not get write. It ether was wiping fast or slow, but it was moving no mater what. When I lowered the gain I was getting slower wip, bu t I could not get read of it. Only after I lowered the I-gain and upt the P-gain the wip stopt. Any thouts.? 

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2014, 09:52:45 AM »
do you mean an inconsistent rotational speed? or a wag? I noticed an inconsistent rotational speed on my E5S this weekend for the first time. it has a vbar. I am  new to vbar, so I am tuned in for others to help here!
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Erutsyn

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2014, 10:42:47 AM »
left/right wag. if I had a lowere gain the wag was slower, but I could not get reed of it.  I was able to get reed of it by lowering the I gain to 30 and upped the p gain to 100. The vstabi people say it is  a mechanical issue that's why I needed to lower the I gain. this is the only heli where I had to lower it. I only use vbar on all my helicopters. It flies well now, So I do not know if I will even bodder to check the mechanics. 

Offline Erutsyn

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2014, 03:53:51 PM »
What do you meen by inconsistent rotational speed? Do you use the vbar governor or the esc gov?

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2014, 09:20:43 AM »
if you had to lower it that much, I would say mechanical too.....mine is at 75 and it doesn't wag at all.

things to check:
Tail rotor hub (not bent)
tail blade grip radial bearings and thrust bearings. be sure the thrust bearings are good and lubed up.
output shaft trueness.
bell crank not binding, or loose
tail control rod straight and not binding. be sure to use the shrink wrap on the rod where it goes through the guides.
tail blades balance.

I run sealed bearings in my tail grips instead of the open bearings. I know you cannot lube them as easily, but I feel like they last a bit longer (provided you don't crash :) )

my inconsistent tail rotational speed I mean it will literally "whip" around. so the tail rotation speed will increase in half of the pirouette than slow down on the other half. I talked to a bud of mine that is very keen on the vbar, and he told me to re-do the optimizer on the tail and it should fix it.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos