July 06, 2024, 08:21:05 PM

Author Topic: Dampers?  (Read 2285 times)

Offline James F

Dampers?
« on: September 28, 2014, 02:20:15 PM »
What configuration of the trueblood dampers work best for everyone? I want to change mine out to see if I can eliminate occasional oscillation on the elevator axis. I am running 2370 hs on a govenor.  Sk540 for a fbl unit.  I already turned down the cyclic gain to the point it just had no holding power to it so new dampers it is.  The heli is running smooth as well.  Just a couple of little tuning issues and it will be absolutely perfect.

Offline Richard Rollins

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Re: Dampers?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 02:28:40 PM »
Hey James,
You should check out Ralphs (flbrotors.com) progressive Dampening system. You can start soft and work your way up. I have them on my N7 and they allow you to really dial in your feel the way you like it. I am running the Trueblood greens on my N5c and those work great as well but I really like the flexibility of the FBL ones.
Hope this helps.
Rick
Rick
Team Synergy Team Rails, Team Scorpion

Offline James F

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 02:52:46 PM »
I was justnwaiting for dennis to get some of ralphs.  Something in the meantime would be nice to try.

Offline Richard Rollins

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 03:01:37 PM »
I would try the Truebloods then . They are great on my N5C.
Rick
Rick
Team Synergy Team Rails, Team Scorpion

Offline James F

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 07:01:56 PM »
Just waiting on dennis for a price at the moment.

Offline Jeff_Barrett

• The "Canadian"
    • Synergy RC Express
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 12:16:08 AM »
What configuration of the trueblood dampers work best for everyone? I want to change mine out to see if I can eliminate occasional oscillation on the elevator axis. I am running 2370 hs on a govenor.  Sk540 for a fbl unit.  I already turned down the cyclic gain to the point it just had no holding power to it so new dampers it is.  The heli is running smooth as well.  Just a couple of little tuning issues and it will be absolutely perfect.

Make sure you have the newest firmware for that Skookum. They released it during IRCHA. It's my understanding that this wobble was solved for some with this FW update.

I'm running 2350 and 2450 governed on my 12S powered E5 running 556s ... no wobble on stock dampeners. ;)
Jeff Barrett - Synergy RC Express
Team Synergy / Bavarian Demon / MKS Servo

Offline James F

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 04:23:54 AM »
Already been running it since release.  Great firmware.

Offline Jeff_Barrett

• The "Canadian"
    • Synergy RC Express
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 07:49:53 AM »
Awesome. :)

Offline James F

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 07:59:19 AM »
It never fixed the slight tail twitch on my 500pro on full collective changes but it much more stable.  I am sure it will be perfect my next day out.  I just have to take the time to tweak the settings.  I think it is more bell gain related for what I am seeing now.

Offline Jeff_Barrett

• The "Canadian"
    • Synergy RC Express
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 10:08:49 PM »
It's been a while since I've flown Skookum.

I'm pretty much flying Bavarian Demon almost exclusively now. I'm currently testing another system on one of my helis for personal knowledge.

Offline Frequency

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 12:28:44 PM »

Hey James,
You should check out Ralphs (flbrotors.com) progressive Dampening system. You can start soft and work your way up. I have them on my N7 and they allow you to really dial in your feel the way you like it. I am running the Trueblood greens on my N5c and those work great as well but I really like the flexibility of the FBL ones.
Hope this helps.
Rick

I second this I'm running them on my N5c all greens (hard) and they work well you can change the o rings to make it as soft or hard as you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline James F

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 03:06:45 PM »
I put a set of trueblood greens in it. Just no time this weekend to test it.  Eating lots of turkey though :)