April 28, 2024, 03:33:24 AM

Author Topic: OS50 with MP5 enough power  (Read 1023 times)

Offline peteowlsmith

OS50 with MP5 enough power
« on: October 15, 2014, 11:47:48 AM »
Hi,

We are getting closer to our bonus checks at work, so I am inching nearer to my new twin N5C's.   8)

My plan is to move the SX-H Hyper OS50 and MP5s from my Sceadu EVO and X50F to the new machines, while replacing the bearings with new ceramic ones I just got from Boca.  I am running Wildcat 22%  (mixing equal parts of 15% and Curtis 30%).

However, lately I have been seeing all the posts on OS55.   Will the OS50's be able to provide enough power?   Should I cut back to just 1 new heli, keep the X50F as is, since I read it is so light, and invest in a OS55?  If so, what muffler?

My flying style is a "sport" flyer --- able to do all positions upright and now working on inverted.

Appreciate any suggestions  :D

tnx,  Pete

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 12:00:18 PM by peteowlsmith »

Offline Mark Dean

• Field Representative
Re: OS50 with MP5 enough power
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 04:06:29 PM »
Pete,
I am flying the N5c with an OS50 Hyper and the MP5 pipe. I pulled the combo off of my SDX just to try it out...but I made it permanent because it works so well on the Synergy. I have no issues with having the power that I need. It will do anything that I can throw out including 3D maneuvers. It does require a little more collective management during fast tail tail down funnels and tail first hurricanes. Sport flying will not tax that combo.

As for suggestions: I say go for your twins. The Synergy quality is only second to the support you will receive from the company. Another thing to consider is your X50 is being discontinued. It may be hard to get parts soon.

Mark
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 04:23:36 PM by Deanmarkj »
Team Synergy Field Representative, Rail Blades, Scorpion Power Systems

Offline peteowlsmith

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 06:09:01 PM »
Hi Mark,

Perfect!   I really appreciate your fast response.  ;D

Offline Mark Dean

• Field Representative
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 06:38:25 PM »
Pete,
I am glad to help.  Don't hesitate to ask if you need help with decisions or recommendations. There are a lot of Synergy pilots here and that means there are a lot of different flying styles. Remember, we mortals also like to fly.

Mark
Team Synergy Field Representative, Rail Blades, Scorpion Power Systems