April 28, 2024, 10:18:25 AM

Author Topic: setup  (Read 5116 times)

Offline anthony

setup
« on: October 10, 2015, 09:30:23 PM »
i'm trying to setup the head on the e5 and I have run into a small problem ( I think) if I use the measurements in the manual to set the pushrod lengths the head isn't straight , what I mean is in order to get zero pitch on the blades with 19.3mm long servo pushrods the blade holder ones are set to 32mm (4mm longer than written in the manual) and the follower arms are not straight, is there more than one length for the main shaft ? , I bought this as a used kit and it came with a new main shaft in a sealed bag but I don't know if its the right length, or do I have it in upside down( don't think it will go in upside down but I have to ask)
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline anthony

Re: setup
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 09:34:34 PM »
also measuring from top to bottom its 366 mm tall
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline anthony

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 03:12:20 PM »
I took the mainshaft out just to make sure its the right one , it measures 202mm , is that right?
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 03:15:45 PM »
I'll measure one when I get home.

Offline anthony

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 03:37:30 PM »
the kit I have came with turnbuckles , does that make a difference to the measurements?
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 04:31:51 PM »
My spare main shaft looks like it's pretty close to 200mm even. There are no longer main shafts for the E5, all stretches use the same shaft. The E7SE also uses the same main shaft. If you have the FBL Rotors turnbuckle links they should be pretty close to the same measurements as the factory links. If you have some other aftermarket turnbuckles then there may be differences in the measurements of the plastic links themselves. Although I'm not familiar with any other aftermarket links that would fit Synergy pivot balls.

Offline anthony

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 04:56:03 PM »
so my mainshaft is about 6mm too long , which would make sense , thank you for your time , I will have to get a replacement
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline anthony

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 09:09:40 PM »
don't know where 6mm came from , but I re measured and it is closer to 200 than 202. so is there a difference between the 550 head and the 700 head, the only difference I can see is from the swash to the blade grips everything else lines up correctly , but I definitely have to use 32 mm pushrods to get zero degrees at mid stick,
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline anthony

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 08:52:48 AM »
I don't wish to be a pain but I can't continue with my setup until I find out IF there is anything wrong , has anyone had to adjust their pushrods to get them to line up properly , am I being to anal about this part?
once I get past this what about the problem of there being too much movement from the swash for the cgy750.
do I need to redrill the servo horns , again has anyone else had to do this with the cgy or do I have something wrong
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 12:44:31 PM »
I don't have any personal experience with the CGY but a number of the guys here use them, so someone should chime in. If I were in your shoes I'd definitely ask the seller your questions since he should know that particular machine better that anyone. Sight unseen it's hard for us to say for sure what's going on. Of all my Synergy helis this isn't something I've run into before.

Offline anthony

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 01:01:52 PM »
I have e-mailed the seller to find out some history of this model , the thing is , it has gone together very well , everything fit perfectly and the finish is superb, its just the setting up that is causing me grief
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline Tommy Wagner

• Field Representative
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 03:02:07 PM »
Can you post some pictures of the main shaft and the head????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tommy Wagner

• Field Representative
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2015, 03:04:38 PM »
Also pull the links out of the rods going from the servo to the swash they should be 43mm sometimes they get changed out for the 48mm ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline anthony

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2015, 05:39:45 PM »
here's a picture of the head setup
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline Tommy Wagner

• Field Representative
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 10:02:13 PM »
That looks about right. I don't think that the distance on the turn buckles is going to be the same as the stock ones. As long as you have equal throw and no binding you should be good. Also if your using a CGY make sure you change to the long balls on the swash to pitch links the CGY likes the long balls ( the same ones that go on the outside of the swash) make sure you grind them down a bit so it don't bind the swash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk