April 29, 2024, 02:02:13 AM

Author Topic: Cyclic and Tailservo TORQUE SPECS  (Read 1568 times)

Offline E5sportflyer

Cyclic and Tailservo TORQUE SPECS
« on: June 17, 2019, 02:14:30 PM »
I will purchase an E5 in the near future.   As I have seen with numerous other branxsI could not find a aTorque reccomendation for the Cyclic or Tail servos in the manual.  I plan on Sport Flying and Realistic Flying and High-Performance maneuvers  all helis are capable of but folks never perform or practice since w aren't  Full-Scale pilots. NOT ME !!! LOL

So are the servos in the E5 Full, Mini or Optional ?

CYCLIC SERVOS(3×) ....  xxx oz-in.  ?????
Tail         SERVO (1×) .....  xxx oz-in. ?????

Thank You for the hlelp folks.

Offline alan

• Team Helilids
Re: Cyclic and Tailservo TORQUE SPECS
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 02:35:58 PM »
The E5 is a great airframe..  Very versatile.

Both torque and speed are important for the cyclic servos.  I would suggest at least 155 oz-in and less than 10 sec/60 Degree speed.  Lots of options out there that will do the job.

Tail servo speed is much more important than torque.  0.05 sec or less. Torque 60 oz-in or greater will be fine.

Cheers
Alan

Team Helilids RC

Offline E5sportflyer

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 02:54:23 PM »
Thanks Alan.  You answered the question about the Stall Torque but what about the servo size.  FULL, Mini or either.  I know the 516 manual mentioned Minis for the 516. No mention of servo size in E5 manual.

Thanks Alan,
E5SFEE

Offline Wolf51

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 04:31:29 PM »
The E5 airframe is designed to take full size cyclic and tail servos.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline E5sportflyer

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 06:35:37 PM »
Thank you for mentioning that the E5 takes Full-Suzed servos. I got a servo torque (stall) of 155 oz-in. and 90 oz-in for the tail. This is a start though I feel those are a little low for a 550 ship with the possibility to stretch to 600.  I know if any of the servos stalls it probably means a crash and I won't  allow this to happen.

I might go OVERKILL and install cyclic servos with specs of  250 oz-in as a minumum so as to not worry about one or more servos stalling  and drawing max amps(usually 4+ amps) and  bringing my Servo Power Pack down and maybe burning up servo(s).  I will have the servos powered by their own battery.

This is a Sport bird and not a 3D craft so it might be a little heavy but I am sure my KDE 550XF G2 on 6S is more than enough to get her in the air.

Love to hear your feedback folks.  I don't  like to do things like everyone else.  LOL

Thanks
E5SF

Offline Grimmy

• Field Representative
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 07:25:32 AM »
250 is way over kill.  I don't even have that on my 766!  I would save your money, as you don't need that much on an E5.  I have Sovox servos on my E5s, 626, and they work great.  I can't remember the model of servo right off hand.

Offline E5sportflyer

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 10:47:48 AM »
Ok Grimmly.  I shall take your and Alan"s advice aboit the servo torque and maybe go for a 200 oz-in. servo.  Less OVERKILL 😊

Thank for your support and I hope all goes well when I get it built. What GREAT support !!!

Sincerely,
E5SF