April 29, 2024, 07:27:59 AM

Author Topic: New N7 owner, MKS x8 servo horn suggestion?  (Read 1329 times)

Offline DESTROYER

New N7 owner, MKS x8 servo horn suggestion?
« on: October 30, 2019, 05:26:41 PM »
Hi,
Brand new to nitro and to Synergy, and I'm super stoked about both.
I'm looking for the cyclic and tail servo hole spacing. I'm running MKS X8 servos.

If you know the answer, please post the answer and you can stop reading now... I'll find the horns I need.

As you probably know the downfall to the X8 servos is the 8mm output shaft. You either have to use the round disk servo horns that were included or go with MKS's/Aftermarket metal horns or customheliparts CF teardrop horns with MKS metal hub. I have those already installed on the servo, but the servo hole length was custom for the Mikado Logo 700 they came out of, their website is down so I can get the exact distance.
I skimmed through servos section but didn't find the info I was looking for. I also read the manual and either missed the info or it wasn't included

The heli is a used N7, I think I'll be the 3rd owner. I will receive it in the next week or so.

If anyone is running this (my intended) setup I would appreciate your input.

N7
VTX 717's coming with it. I,ve flown this blade and like its characteristics.
Unknown Tail blades, guess I'll see when package arrives
O.S. 105hz-r/O.S power pipe. Also have the carbon MRCI, I'll have to decide which I like better.
MKS HBL380's Cyclic will replace Xpert R2's
HBL880 tail will replace the Xpert R2 tail servo
Xpert KD1E throttle servo will replace the Savox SV-0220MG.
adding my VBar NEO Vlink with pro/rescue and Vbar Control Radio
Optipower 3500mah 40c receiver pack.
All of this high end stuff and you'd think I'm going to run $60/gal VP 20%. Can't afford it.
I'll try Torco fuel from ebay. $40 gal shipped. I will be going with 15% or 20% nitro depending on motor shim/gasket

The current throttle servo, the one the previous owner has been running, says he'll never waste money on an expensive throttle servo again. I'm sure he's right, but I wanted this helicopter to be a little blingy and top shelf all around to match the potential of the helicopter (definitely beyond this pilot)
I've hung out with Kyle a handful of times and I would like to run his custom servos, but I already have the X8's that were like $800 a year ago, in today's used heli market I would be lucky to get $500 for them.
I do plan on selling the Xpert R2's to offset the total purchase price.
So that's the plan! This is not a unique setup I'm sure.

Offline DESTROYER

Re: New N7 owner, MKS x8 servo horn suggestion?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 11:36:20 AM »
Never mind. I think I’m going to stick with the Xpert R2’s. I love the MKS X8’s but the whole 8mm servo horn hub issue is always a bugger. Guess nobody out there knew the answer to the servo hole distance? Oh well