April 28, 2024, 05:56:03 PM

Author Topic: Xnova Motor Mounting  (Read 1131 times)

Offline firefighternickn

Xnova Motor Mounting
« on: December 23, 2019, 09:19:01 AM »
So, my Xnova lightning motor did not come with any bolts for mounting, and there are no instructions neither. What screws are you guys using to mount the motor, and how do you mount it? There are bigger and also smaller holes on the motor itself to mount.

Offline Wolf51

Re: Xnova Motor Mounting
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 02:19:10 PM »
The 516 build manual (page 36) shows synergy part 100-308 which is an M3 x 8mm socket head cap screw.
Don't forget to fit the indicated washers

Have a look here for mounting tips
http://synergyrchelicopters.com/forum/index.php?topic=4754.0

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 02:25:04 PM by Wolf51 »

Offline woodscra

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 07:54:45 AM »
I am using the xnova 1350kv, and I temporarily installed it and the motor bearing block is pushed as far forward as it goes and has no movement.  Anyone else experience this?  It seems ok as far as gear mesh is concerned.  Did anyone enlarge the slot for the motor bearing block?

Offline M.Schmavs

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 09:50:32 AM »
I did not experience that with the Xnova and 18T pinion. The block is pretty far forward on mine but still enough room to make the mesh too loose. I left the block screws super loose when setting the mesh and pretty much ignored the block position.

If your mesh is good, I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you're going for crazy head speeds, you won't need a larger pinion than 18T with a 1350kV motor.

Offline M.Schmavs

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 09:58:20 AM »
Here you go. I took a screw out to show how forward mine is. You can barely tell there's any extra room for movement.

Offline woodscra

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 11:14:21 AM »
gret pic and great help as usual :)  My prob was I tightened the motor screws too much in a position that did not allow for movement but I did leave the bearing block screws loose!

Offline M.Schmavs

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2019, 10:45:32 PM »
Glad to help! The pros on this site have been so helpful and good to me, I'm happy to pay it forward. After all, it only cost a drop of loc-tite, haha!

I always smash a sliver of paper between the pinion and gear before tightening motor screws. If it's too loose or tight after spinning it out, you can double it up (fold) or just find different gauges of pages. My go-to is a standard junk mail envelope. Good thickness for this size pinion.