April 28, 2024, 04:03:13 PM

Author Topic: Collective and Cyclic Setup in Vbar Vcontrol  (Read 1154 times)

Offline firefighternickn

Collective and Cyclic Setup in Vbar Vcontrol
« on: December 29, 2019, 12:06:27 AM »
I'm trying to measure the collective and cyclic pitch in my radio. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I measure the collective when the blades are perpendicular to the frame, same with the cyclic 8 degrees. I'm able to achieve this, but I saw another video on YouTube where the collective and cyclic is being measured with the blades IN LINE with the Heli, which would not give me the 8 degrees of cyclic even though the values in my transmitter is maxed out. So what's the correct way of measuring pitch and cyclic?

Offline Wolf51

Re: Collective and Cyclic Setup in Vbar Vcontrol
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 01:37:50 PM »
Using the Vcontrol new or edit setup wizard:

- cyclic setup only works with blades inline with the boom. When you activate the cyclic range check the swash tilts to the right. If blades are inline with the boom the pitch changes accordingly and you can adjust the setup value until your pitch gauge shows 8°. This doesn't work if blades are perpendicular to the boom.

- you can setup collective range with blades either inline or perpendicular to the boom, I do it inline with the boom.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 01:39:33 PM by Wolf51 »

Offline firefighternickn

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 02:25:45 PM »
I am getting different pitch ranges when the blades are perpendicular vs parallel with the boom. Not sure if I am doing this right.

Offline Wolf51

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 02:47:56 PM »
I am getting different pitch ranges when the blades are perpendicular vs parallel with the boom. Not sure if I am doing this right.
I've seen that as well. Different +/- pitch range numbers if pitch gauge is on blade front, back, left or right. Though usually less than 0.5°.

I guess that could be down to your checking method, gauge quality, manufacturing or build tolerences.

Small variations shouldn't be a problem. But if you're not confident maybe try to find local help from an experienced/competent heli builder to check your setup?

Edit: Don't mean you're not a competent builder, just if you look for assistance try to find someone who you can trust knows their stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 03:08:31 PM by Wolf51 »