September 28, 2024, 01:15:59 PM

Author Topic: head linkage?  (Read 1379 times)

Offline jeftre

head linkage?
« on: August 08, 2012, 09:38:16 PM »
Hi all,

Is anyone had problem with screwing head linkage on your e6/e7 build??I did strip at least 4-5 plastic rod-end while trying to install them on the rod linkage.Some of the rod just wont start threading while some other are just fine.  I decided to give up before my finger start bleeding but this is frustrating because all went like a charm on this build so far.Some simple stuff like this was really unexpected...

I dont have my tap and die set at home but I'll try to re-thread them tomorrow and see if I can save them but I guess I will have to spend the extra $ from fblrotor to get the turnbuckles...

If anyone got special tricks let me know...

thanks

Jeff

flyalan

head linkage?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 10:06:16 PM »
I did find them tough to get started At times.  Same thing though in the Furion 6.  Changing to the titanium rods won't help that. Try using an exacto knife to gently ream the rod opening on the plastic ball link. Just enough to give the threaded rods something to bite into. Once they get started they will be fine.
One note on the titanium rods. They do no bend!  In a crash they may actually cause you to break things you might not normally. Love them except for that.
Cheers
Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stevehof

Re: head linkage?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 10:41:21 PM »
Some of the earliest kits had poorly threaded rods. If the threads on the rods look obviously poorly cut, you should contact the dealer you bought from and ask for a new set. Or PM Matt and see if he can help. If the threads look clean, +1 on flyalan's suggestion.

I do like Ralph's 3mm titanium rods for the pitch links. Both my E7's had very slightly bent stock 2mm pitch link rods after a few dozen flights. I don't know if this was caused by something I did when folding the blades or what. In any case, the pitch link rod seems like a long stretch for 2mm on a 700 size ship. Neither ship had been crashed or had a blade strike the ground.

Offline Maxturbine

Re: head linkage?
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 12:32:10 AM »
Steve is correct on the rods in the early kits and this may be the case. 

If you would like a set of standard Synergy pushrods and ball links as a replacement, just send me a PM with your address.

Ralph

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:38:31 AM by Maxturbine »