May 23, 2024, 02:23:51 AM

Author Topic: New synergy  (Read 8842 times)

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
Re: New synergy
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 12:29:22 PM »
Thanks Mike, the gov makes me a little worried, I installed the tail servo, a MKS HBL 669, and no spline on the horns is that normal? you just push the horn on real tight, im worried it will slip?
Cliff

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 01:33:28 PM »
Thanks Rodney, I have spent weeks getting throttle and pitch curves right, and tuning motors to run perfect, i have so much to catch up on. I have been up til 2am every night reading in this forum. I have to admit its pretty cool. Went by LHS and my bec will be here tommorow then i can setup the ikon. Has anyone used that jumper y harness to extend the cable from ESC to the ikon for down load data of the cc esc. I have but not sure to use for voltage drop? Thanks Cliff
Cliff

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 01:52:34 PM »
Thanks Mike, the gov makes me a little worried, I installed the tail servo, a MKS HBL 669, and no spline on the horns is that normal? you just push the horn on real tight, im worried it will slip?
Cliff, I was actually referring to the torq servos.....I am not sure about the MKS HBL 669, or that horn. a servo arm with no splines at all? so when you press it on the output shaft, do the splines on the shaft dig into the horn good and "make" splines?
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 02:00:02 PM »
and no spline on the horns is that normal

I don't believe I've ever seen that.  Personally, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't use it.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 02:44:17 PM »
The torq servos no splines in horn same with the mks tail servo
Cliff

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 02:48:19 PM »
I have never seen servo horns with no spines in them before, im very gun shy on this, i will find horns with splines. I Pushed the horn on and is very tight, but im worried it will slip under load
Cliff

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 02:54:33 PM »
on the torq servo i ordered 3 extra sets of horns, none have splines in them
Cliff

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2014, 03:38:41 PM »
Order a dozen, or so of these:

http://www.servocity.com/html/small_wheel_horn__futm2020_.html#.VA9lDvk7fzE

They fit the Synergy carbon fiber arms perfectly, they're cheap, and they definitely have splines.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2014, 03:48:31 PM »
Thanks Rodney, I think i have some at home. they look like futaba horns
Cliff

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 03:55:36 PM »
Mike, i think your right they dig into the wheel and make splines, And i don"t trust that.
Cliff

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 04:30:21 PM »
looking at the new servo package for mks servo 3 horns 2 with no splines and one with splines, now that's odd, At least I have one for the tail
Cliff

Offline Wolf51

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 07:32:44 PM »
Went by LHS and my bec will be here tommorow then i can setup the ikon. Has anyone used that jumper y harness to extend the cable from ESC to the ikon for down load data of the cc esc. I have but not sure to use for voltage drop? Thanks Cliff

Hi Cliff,

I recently built an E5 as well, its a great heli and I'm sure you're going to like flying it as well as the build.

I used the same motor, ESC and FBL as you have and also the Y harness in my build.

Using the Y harness was no problem, I mounted my iKon FBL under the gyro mount plate and the Y harness gave me the extra length to make the connection to the FBL. The other connector for the CastleLink is tucked away near the FBL where I can get to it easily for downloading logs or adjusting the ESC. I did take the precaution of putting heatshrink on the connection between the throttle cable from the ESC and the Y connector to reduce the chance of them coming apart. ;)

I noticed in your earlier posts some concerns about using the governor. This build was my first with a governor as well and it has worked brilliantly.
I set up my iKon the same as Chris Sexton does in his build videos, so am using the iKon gov not the Castle gov.
Strongly recommend you watch Chris's vids, if you haven't already done that.
I have governor selected on all 3 banks (speeds 1-3 in the iKon) and straight line throttle "curves" in my DX8 as described in the iKon setup software.
I always power up the heli with throttle hold on. Then when I'm ready to spool up, set the pitch around -1 degrees and flick throttle hold off. The iKon takes control with slow spoolup and brings the rotor up to the speed you've set in the ikon for whatever bank you've selected. Now just add pitch and fly. :)
Since you're using the Edge 120HV you also have the accessory wire on the ESC which you can use to send motor speed info to the iKon gov port. there is an adapter cable you can buy to make that connection.

Good luck with the rest of your build.

cheers
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 07:35:21 PM by Wolf51 »

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 07:42:25 PM »
Thanks Wolf, I have seen Chris videos about 20 times and I have the esc done, and have the adapter for the ikon gov setup is the white wire the only wire going to the ikon, is it the signal there a + and - and a signal that I don"t know. Most of what I have learned so far has been from you and Chris treads. Boy I have reading
Cliff

Offline Wolf51

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2014, 08:33:31 PM »
Hi Cliff,

Yeah, theres a lot to learn when you're new to this type of build, like I am.
I got great value from the info on this forum, especially Chris's efforts. Good to hear its helping you as well.

I only connected the signal wire from the ESC accessory cable to the iKon gov port and it works fine. The +/- pins on the gov port would be for powering a 3rd party speed sensor. If you're in doubt, the schematic drawing of the receiver layout in the iKon software will show you the gov port pin layout.

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 09:06:23 PM »
Where do I get this 3rd party sensor, I have a spectrum electric motor, has 2 wires, there on my 450 will that work
Cliff