September 28, 2024, 06:23:28 PM

Author Topic: Wiring diagram/pictures  (Read 23114 times)

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
Re: Wiring diagram/pictures
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2013, 09:26:09 PM »
"Some told me" to go with a jive for less issues, hopefully this is an isolated instance And CC replaces it for you.

Is it really necessary to start this thread drama again?  CC has excellent service if there is a problem.

Rich
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:05:51 PM by RichL »
Synergy E5: Scorpion HKIII 4025-1100, CC ICE2 120HV, Rail 556/96, V-Bar Silverline

Synergy E7: Quantum 4530-500, CC ICE2 160HV, Rail 716/116, V-Bar Silverline

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2013, 10:37:28 PM »
Come on now, not starting drama.  But you remember how some people were feeding me some info that I didn't really follow.  I am wondering if they said things like that because of issues like this, when like you said it wasn't the CC but possibly the governor issue.  I'm guessing it could be the gov and not CC.  I bet if it is a Castle issue they will replace it and help as much as possible. 
Am I clear from bringing up drama now?! lol Just kidding man.
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2013, 10:59:09 PM »
Come on now, not starting drama.  But you remember how some people were feeding me some info that I didn't really follow.  I am wondering if they said things like that because of issues like this, when like you said it wasn't the CC but possibly the governor issue.  I'm guessing it could be the gov and not CC.  I bet if it is a Castle issue they will replace it and help as much as possible. 
Am I clear from bringing up drama now?! lol Just kidding man.

LOL.  His problem could very well be a ESC issue.  I am just trying to understand the problem. Aside from the ESC he has three additional pieces of hardware involved a sensor, the V-Bar and the motor.  He may have already diagnosed the problem and determined the ESC to be at fault but if not, asking the question now could save him time.  If CC did not find a problem with the ESC he would be starting over at the same point.  I more or less asked the question to educate myself in order to help others in the future.

I guess you are off the hook.  :D  IMHO we accomplish more when we speak about things we have experience with rather than repeating something someone else said.  As a very educated man, you know that doing otherwise is much like spreading a rumor.

Rich
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:18:01 AM by RichL »
Synergy E5: Scorpion HKIII 4025-1100, CC ICE2 120HV, Rail 556/96, V-Bar Silverline

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2013, 12:30:49 AM »
Yeah, that's why I searched for the truth before buying the parts I did.  Out of the 5 people I asked about CC and I trusted their expertise, it was really only that one guy who totally went against it.  So far I have found CC to be an excellent product and I plan to continue using those products.  But all buyers should do research before purchasing, not just read a review slamming the product and walk the other way. 
Anyhow, back to the topic of the post.  Any new pics of wiring?  I will have to start mine all over again when the servos come. 

www.inner3.com

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2013, 12:38:57 AM »
Sorry to hear about your servos brother.  Is there some specific wiring that you need pictures of?  I think I have posted all of mine.

Rich

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2013, 10:32:46 AM »
I took a couple of ideas from the different pics I saw and know what I'm going to do.  Just a matter of having the servos to start it over again.  I was very happy with my wiring too.  Maybe it will be even better this time.

www.inner3.com

Offline NKY Heli Guy

Wiring diagram/pictures
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2013, 01:44:39 PM »
Did you guys resize your servo wires? I think I'll have to do mine so they are not rubbing against my ar7200bx (flybarless controller). Little nervous as I've not done it but seems straight forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Wiring diagram/pictures
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2013, 02:41:22 PM »
I left my servo wires at stock length and there's a little bit of the loop of the bundle tucked beside my AR7200BX. Since it's not a nitro the vibrations are slim to none. Plus I have two layers of the 3M gray tape under the unit. In 2 packs I had zero issues. The Beast X units in general are very vibration resistant.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

flyalan

Wiring diagram/pictures
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2013, 02:56:56 PM »
I always shorten the servo leads to fit. Yes it's a little intimidating. If you are a die hard neat freak like me then invest in a good crimper and go for it.
If you plan on changing out or selling the servos at some point then I wouldn't. Harder to resell used servos with shortened leads.

Cheers
Alan

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2013, 05:26:21 PM »
Do you guys think the vbar supplied tape is sufficient or should i put two pieces of it on?

www.inner3.com

Offline NKY Heli Guy

Wiring diagram/pictures
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2013, 07:57:15 PM »
I've never had a problem with just 1 layer of the provided tape in all of my heli's (3gx & beastx). Thanks for the insight guys, I don't think I'm reselling my goods as the futaba 255&256 loom like they can be used on other applications, I am a neat freak and want a sweet build. I was told I could use needle nose pliers for the crimping.. is that bad advice?

flyalan

Wiring diagram/pictures
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2013, 08:58:57 PM »
Well you can use needle nose but its harder and more tedious.  If you plan on doing this with every Heli I would get a pair of the crimpers. Cost $40 for a good set. I have seen some for around $19. I have both. The $40 set is worth it.
I have been in the r/c hobby for about 40 years and used to make all of my own servo extensions when I flew planks so this is not new for me. 

Cheers
Alan

Offline NKY Heli Guy

Wiring diagram/pictures
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2013, 10:38:27 PM »
I saw a pair at radio shack for 10-12 bucks. Not sure about the quality though. Is there a size or something I should look for?

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2013, 10:45:33 PM »
If you decide to re-size your servo leads, doing so voids your warranty.

Rich

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2013, 10:47:21 PM »
Do you guys think the vbar supplied tape is sufficient or should i put two pieces of it on?

Do not add two pieces of tape to your V-Bar!  Doing so can sometimes cause it to react erratically.

Rich
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:42:44 AM by RichL »