May 02, 2024, 04:08:06 AM

Author Topic: V-Bar Futaba first experience :(  (Read 6143 times)

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
V-Bar Futaba first experience :(
« on: January 19, 2014, 04:42:58 PM »
I'm not worthy? Am I missing something?
Picked up a used E7se with a Vbar and Futaba 14sg.  Tested it out with out the blades on the bench.
Went out yesterday to test hover and see how things were running.  Seemed to fly very nice maybe a little faster than my E7, 3sx on spectrum.  Came in to land and 1 foot off the deck I hit throttle hold to set it down and it slides to the right almost tips over and kills the blades.  Been flying for three years now mostly sport flying. I believe that i corrected by applying left aileron no correction at all just kept going right. Checked it out on the bench today and everything seems fine.
No wind this during this flight, very cold.

Don't expect a magic answer to this but seems odd.
Going to go through all the set ups and check everything out before the next flight.

Thoughts?

Perspective Visuals

Offline steffgiguere

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: V-Bar Futaba first experience :(
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 04:46:07 PM »
Make sure your throttle hold is not on a different bank.
Team Synergy, Canada

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 04:58:26 PM »
Will check it.
I purchased this heli and radio RTF and has a lot if time logged on the radio. I would imagine he knew how to set it up.
I'v been using spectrum and will have to spend some time getting to know the set up side of Futaba.

Barry
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:17:03 PM by PerspectiveVisuals »
Perspective Visuals

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 11:04:38 PM »
I have never used either but I have the 8fgs.  If your gyro gains are much lower or in normal as opposed to avcs for a selected channel things can get pretty ugly. I have accidentally left hold in normal and that sounds a lot like what you are describing. You might also check the dual rates those can also be set for condition.

Offline Airbass

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 12:03:20 AM »
Make sure your throttle hold is not on a different bank.

I wonder how  your TH could be mixed with another channel that is switching to another bank where the swash is not levelled. Whatever it is, a good recommendation is to copy the bank where you set up the Vbar to all others. Then you can add your changes later if you like. This way you are sure you don't miss something.

If it were the radio it  appears like an input rather than a gain issue. Check if you have any mix or trim.

FYI I don't use banks. Dual rates and  tail gain from the radio are enough for me. And simpler.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 09:18:04 AM »
I have never used either but I have the 8fgs.  If your gyro gains are much lower or in normal as opposed to avcs for a selected channel things can get pretty ugly. I have accidentally left hold in normal and that sounds a lot like what you are describing.

That's what I was thinking, too.  It sounded to me like maybe the cyclic gains are in normal for throttle hold.  I accidentally did that on my N5C, once, and it made for some interesting auto attempts.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 08:04:54 PM »
Thanks for the feed back! Will check it out and report back.

Barry
Perspective Visuals

Offline steffgiguere

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 06:18:57 AM »
If you want I could send you my v-bar file.
Team Synergy, Canada

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 08:55:49 AM »
Going to revisit this issue as I take this up for its second flight. With vbar and the 14sg do you adjust gains live on the radio?

How do you tell what banks are? Need to do some 14sg research.

Barry
Perspective Visuals

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 11:47:27 AM »
Found the banks in the vbar software.

Barry
Perspective Visuals

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 08:34:32 PM »
Flew the VBar 700 today after it's odd tip over back back in February. I had not looked at the VBar set up before it's first flight. Mistake number one. 14SG Radio looked good ran it up with the blades off checked the mechanical set up every thing was dialed in.
Yeasterday I went in to review the software set up and found it very aggressive set up. Agility very high, style medium gain at head 94. Tuned it down to the old man style. Seems to fly great today locked in and not as loose. May need to spend some time tuning for my taste? Looks like you can only tune tail gain remotely with he Aux channel? No remote head tune?  Seems in fast forward flight the heli get nose heavy.

14 SG radio is nice feeling very different set up, Timer seemed to have reset itself when I stopped to add my canopy. Wasn't sure how much time was left.

Miss the BD bail out even though I don't use it that much anymore.

Over all fun to fly a different controller and Radio system.
Perspective Visuals

flyalan

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 08:42:02 PM »
Barry.
I suggest you set up bank switching so you can play with various settings without having to hook up the laptop. Of get a Vbar Control :-)  it does make tuning much easier.

Cheers
Alan

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 09:07:26 PM »
Barry.
I suggest you set up bank switching so you can play with various settings without having to hook up the laptop. Of get a Vbar Control :-)  it does make tuning much easier.

Cheers
Alan

Thanks Alan, will do!
I need to put some time on this 14SG had a hard time hitting throttle hold, not use to the spacing.
Won't be getting the fancy V radio. Are you going to try it? Seems like a lot of money? May be ultimate tuning is the way to go.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 09:09:44 PM by PerspectiveVisuals »
Perspective Visuals

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 09:10:36 PM »
Took me a bit to get used to that throttle hold location when I switched to the 14sg, too.
Rodney

Team Synergy

flyalan

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »
Already have it. I have about a dozen flights on an E7 with it. Putting Vbar in one of the N7 and also just put one in the E5 stretch.
I was trying my hand at F3C weekend before last and Vbar Control made tweaking my setup on the E7 for F3C a much easier task.
Setting a vbar up without the laptop is very nice.
Stoll keeping the 14sgh for use with CGY'S and Demons. Still have some of both.

Cheers
Alan