April 28, 2024, 03:06:28 AM

Author Topic: successful maiden  (Read 7319 times)

Offline anthony

Re: successful maiden
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 07:39:05 AM »
so , another successful re-maiden this morning, I tried 2150 and 2250 hs , I like 2250 better , very responsive with the cgy , I will have to increase collective as it feels a little slow but cyclic and rudder are spot on for me . I flew for 5 minutes until my mah alarm went off so that's pretty good too...I will have to check at home what the temp of the esc was , the motor was warm (not hot like last time) and the esc was warmer than I like but again I could keep my finger on it for a while so maybe its ok , I did do back to back flights so that might have something to do with it, so now I just have a small bobble with cyclic which should be fairly easy to get rid of, up and down is straight  (mostly) and just a very slight tail kick but I'm happy with that so let the tuning commence
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline anthony

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 07:49:04 AM »
so good news and not so good news this morning, I feel like I'm having a little bad luck with this heli but I still love it it flies fantastically and once sorted I can see it being my main heli
so this morning I did a little tuning , the esc is behaving itself and I had a very good flight , right up to the point where the tail let go , it was at the end of the flight (luckily) and I had just leveled out prior to landing when the tail started spinning , I didn't panic I hit th , and was amazed that I managed to auto from about 40 feet with no problem, this heli really does auto extremely well, on closer inspection everything appears to be intact apart from the tail drive pulley which is spinning freely , never had one of those let go before , but at least its an easy fix and I found out that I can auto in an emergency, I will order the part today and hopefully that will be that
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline anthony

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2015, 07:53:58 AM »
just checked the manual and there is a pin that holds the spur gear on , that probably fell out , so its an even easier fix, cool
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 07:56:28 AM »
Score! Always a good feeling when u are forced into a situation & pull it off! Had a few of those moments lately myself... Cold solder joint pop'd loose while inverted.. Saved it.. High needle came loose from the motor while inverted.. Saved it.. Got too low inverted and scrub'd the head'n'blades causing a strip'd main gear.. Saved it.. Lol, my luck may be running out. Good job bruh!
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

Offline anthony

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2015, 08:56:26 AM »
cool thanks, its nice when they come home in one piece ,
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 08:56:57 AM »
the pin in the tail box, or front trans?

what I suggest is running the set screw (the set screw that holds that pin in place) down and visually confirming that you can see it in the hole where the bevel gear pin goes. no burs or obstructions stopping it from engaging on that pin like it should. then pull it back out, put your gear on the shaft, install the pin correctly, then clean the setscrew, and the threads in the output shaft with acetone or denatured alcohol, (make sure everything is bone dry) use locktight, and put the setscrew back in with medium/hard force. not enough to break the driver, but get it tight. be careful, its easy to break those tiny drivers.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline anthony

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2015, 09:09:06 AM »
its the pin in the spur gear in the front transmission , I think its just a push fit, I can spin the tail with the mushroom gear on the front spindle and it all spins freely , except the spur gear , that's stationary so I'm assuming the pin has fallen out , I will check later on tonight when I get home and take it apart
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2015, 09:34:25 AM »
What Mike said!
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

Offline anthony

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2015, 10:06:13 AM »
I will have a look when I take it apart tonight, I might be wrong, with a quick glance it looks like the umbrella gear is still attached and the spur gear isn't , but like I said I will check again tonight
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline anthony

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2015, 12:08:50 PM »
I had a quick look at lunch and you are 100% correct mike, the pin is indeed missing out of the umbrella gear , and now I know what I have to do to fix it , thank you
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2015, 02:43:16 PM »
no problem man. just do like I said, ensure that the setscrew does indeed go far enough to engage the pin, then clean, dry, and assemble with locktight. also, ensure that you get the M3 locknut back on good also. glad you got it figured out!
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline anthony

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2015, 06:01:35 PM »
another successful re-re-maiden , I am going to check the pin to make sure it hasn't moved . I did hear back from castle and it appears that the esc is performing well and has no problems , so another positive there
I really like the way the e5 flies , it was a little windy today but the heli didn't bat an eyelid , I also tried my x2 which was hilarious climbing and diving 10 feet due to the wind so I am very impressed with the e5 being so light and still coping well with the wind, well hopefully the bad luck has all played out and I can get on with enjoying the e5 , this one is going to stay in my fleet whatever happens , I know its a keeper
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline Grees01

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2015, 10:11:23 PM »
Congratulations Anthony. I hope to be right behind you with a maiden soon also. Best of luck with your new machine.  ;)
Glen A. Rees

Offline anthony

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2015, 07:41:21 AM »
thanks,i flew it again today  . its superb, best heli I've owned so far by quite a big margin
hope yours goes well too
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline anthony

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2015, 11:04:47 AM »
quick update , I have had a t least 20 flights now without a hitch , I really like this heli, I decided to have another go tis morning, I got out to my field and and while I was looking over it I noticed a hole in one of the tail blades, I don't remember shutting the tail in the boot but that's what it looked like, almost like a gunshot, on closer inspection I found teeth prints in it, then the penny dropped, we just got a new(1 year old) puppy , now I'm laughing :)
Anthony
citizen #102