April 28, 2024, 06:55:40 AM

Author Topic: successful maiden  (Read 7320 times)

Offline anthony

successful maiden
« on: October 22, 2015, 08:33:16 AM »
finally got all my little issues sorted and did the maiden this morning .
I am using a cgy750 which I took out of my goblin when I sold it and wasn't 100% sure if everything was reset , but all my checking and double checking didn't find anything that I thought I should worry about.
so after checking the correction directions for the last time I spooled up and nothing unexpected happened, it was on the floor spinning and not trying to flip or correct the wrong way , so increasing the throttle it lifted of into a nice steady hover , into iu1 and it just sat there , so far it has been one of the most sublime maiden's for me, I tried a pitch pump and it went straight as an arrow up , so I tried it coming down too , again straight , piroette's while a little too fast for me were perfectly flat , the only issue with the tail is a little bounce on the stops but that should be easy to tune out, next up was flips and rolls , again too fast but nice with a little wiggle on the stops . inverted was just as stable as upright so all is great
coming from the goblin which was heavy this feels really light in the air and hangs there for ages , this really is my kind if heli, as a final test (only have one battery atm) I thought I'd try the goblin's nemesis , elevator bounce on stops , no matter what I did with the goblin it was always there , a quick forward and back on the elevator stick and it stops and changes direction with no bounce , there is a small wiggle from the head ( I believe) but the tail moves up and down very very nicely , all this with the default settings . I understand now why there is such praise for the e5 and all synergy products actually, I really flies very nicely and is exactly what I am looking for in a heli,
on a final note I am glad to have got rid of the goblin 630 it just wasn't for me and I had no excitement for it , the e5 on the other hand I am excited to see how it will perform once I get more comfortable with it
 sorry for the long post I am just happy and wanted to share
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: successful maiden
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 09:46:06 AM »
That great to hear.  The E5 to me, was so confidence inspiring because of how nice it flies, that it was the model that helped me advance my skills more than any other.  It's just an overall very nice flying model, for sure.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 12:01:04 PM »
Congrats Anthony
Cliff

Offline Aaron T

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 07:39:09 PM »
E5 is a great heli! Just wait till you get some more time on it, its incredible.
N7, N5c, E5 12s!, E5s, E5SS, 766! All SYNERGYS baby! Electric's cool-but NITRO rules!

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 07:04:10 AM »
Awesome!
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

Offline Roger

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 04:17:02 PM »
Nice testimonial for the E5.  My first Synergy was the N7........I highly recommend it if you are Nitro inclined in any way shape or form.  I also have an E5 and absolutely love it as well.

ROG
ROG
Retired Old Guy

Offline anthony

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 05:46:40 AM »
not really had much luck with the e5 , I still really like it and am eager to fly it but things are conspiring against me.
third flight after 2 very successful trim flights I got a bit more adventurous and was very surprised to find that a lot of my flying was well within the capabilities of the heli, really impressed so far I landed after around 5 minutes, mah telling me to land , and noticed that the esc was very hot  , motor too , come to that, swapped batteries and tried a fouth flight , but the motor just stuttered and wouldn't get going , I figured it was just too hot , so I let it cool down , next day I tried again and the motor spooled up no problem , took off and tried a flip , at the (almost) full negative collective part of the flip the motor slowed and once upright it picked back up , tried it again and same thing, flipped inverted it was fine so third flip and this time the motor quit while inverted  , I assumed it would pick up again and started to feed in the collective but it had stopped and so I decided an auto wouldn't hurt, managed to get it down just breaking a skid but founf that it auto's surprisingly well, back home after checking everything I noticed that the caps had come off of the esc , so eventually I sent it back to castle for some re capping and a check up .
castle have been very good and told me that there was some weird stuff going on with my throttle channel and that the esc was done and needed to be replaced, they let me upgrade from the edge 130 lv to the edge 120 hv for a little more than the cost of the replacement 130, I also picked up one of their vertigo motors as i'm not sure about the one I have , and a short in the motor could be the problem also the exssesive heat that was generated in the third flight could have damaged it too . better safe than sorry,
so after 3 and a bit flights i'm waiting on castle, hopefully I will be back in the air soon , this really felt like a perfect match for me and i'm eager to find out
see you soon
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline Roger

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 11:29:58 AM »
I am running the KDE 600XF-G3 motor in mine with excellent results.

ROG
ROG
Retired Old Guy

Offline anthony

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 12:58:42 PM »
is that in the e5 or the stretch, if its the e5 is it too powerful for it?
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline Jason Cummings

• Field Representative
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 01:01:29 PM »
is that in the e5 or the stretch, if its the e5 is it too powerful for it?
Anthony
Is there such a thing?😃

Offline anthony

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 09:57:19 AM »
true , let me ask it in a different way then , i'm assuming youre running 12 s , does it make it heavy in the air , because the thing I noticed instantly with the 6s version( apart from the heat) was the lightness in the air especially when I had to do the auto
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline Roger

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 01:02:30 PM »
I am running it in a stock E5 with a 6s battery.

ROG
ROG
Retired Old Guy

Offline anthony

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 06:47:37 PM »
is that with a low headspeed?
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline anthony

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 08:55:48 AM »
so, castle told me that the 120 hv edge esc would be fine , and that I need to use a 12t pinion, which I now have , its nearly all wired back up , but I have a couple of questions.
1: I can't really afford to have this happen again , how do I know if the gearing is correct for the heli, I'm running 6s with a castle vertigo 550 motor(1175 kv I think) 12t pinion 119main(?) what headspeed should I be aiming for ? oh and rail 550 blades
2: can I continue using ec5 for the connectors or is there a better alternative , the esc wire just about fits into the cup:
3: is there an ideal temperature range for the esc,
I know I will think of some more questions but this is enough to be getting on with ,
thank you
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 10:49:41 PM »
I ran that exact setup in mine. I would run 2250 with that setup.  I was (and still am) using EC5 connectors.
Rodney

Team Synergy